Senior Consultant – CHP/Renewable Heat/District Heating
- Role type
- Flexible Hours, Full time, Part time, Permanent
- Glasgow, Manchester, Oxfordshire (Harwell)
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and waste expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
Ricardo Energy & Environment has vacancies for excellent consultants to join our CHP and Heat business area within the Energy practice. The role will provide support to meet a growing demand for services relating to CHP and renewable heat relating to the decarbonisation of heat from Government and Industry in the UK and internationally. The key focus for the role will be in the following areas:, assessing and developing policy and guidance related to the uptake of CHP, low carbon heat options and district heating; auditing programmes to assess CHP, heat supply technologies, and District Heating in terms of their technical and economic performance; and feasibility, engineering design and technical and financial due diligence of CHP, renewable heat and district heating schemes.
- Strong engineering skills
- Proven experience in technical and economic assessment
- Knowledge and experience of low carbon and renewable heat technologies,
- Good understanding of Energy Supply and Demand sides
- Knowledge and understanding of bioenergy/biomass fuel supply chains
- Proven experience in energy and climate change policy assessment
- Effective project and programme management skills
- Professional, diligent, and strong attention to detail
- Experienced in the preparation of complex proposals and, ideally an effective networker and business developer
- Excellent organizational abilities
- Good problem solving
- The ability to work to commercial imperatives
- Experience in leading technical teams
- A Chartered (or progressing to Chartership) mechanical, process or chemical engineer
- Understanding of government policies related to renewable heat, CHP, heat markets and associated district heating and cooling networks
- Experience in managing large projects and programmes will be advantageous
- Experience in conducting CHP/District Heating feasibility studies
- Experience in working in Consultancy, engineering or an evaluation team at a utilities company
- Have knowledge of the market and regulatory framework for renewable heat, CHP and District heating/Cooling in the UK and Europe
- In addition, you will demonstrate good attention to detail, technical report writing ability and be able to assimilate information quickly
- Experience in client management and proposal writing
You will need to hold a Full UK Driving licence for this position which involves UK travel in the delivery of site audits.
This is an exciting and rewarding place to work, with the opportunity to make a difference. What sets us apart is our People. You will work with an exceptional team of talented, dedicated and supportive individuals. You will have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development.
Our People are important to us and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Ricardo Energy & Environment has an ambitious diversity, equality and inclusion approach as explained in this message by our CEO.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.