Data and Procedures Consultant
- Role type
- Full time, Part time
- Closing Date
Ricardo Energy and Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise. The National Chemical Emergency Centre (NCEC) sits within the Chemical Risk practice of Ricardo Energy and Environment and has a 40+ year reputation as a premium provider of global chemical emergency response provision. NCEC works with a global client base including 50% of the world’s top 100 chemical manufacturers and a large number of other public and private sector clients.
As part of NCEC’s emergency response helpline, chemical companies display the NCEC emergency telephone number on their chemical product paperwork (typically, safety data sheets “SDS”). These documents are registered on a bespoke emergency response database, along with instructions (“procedures”) which tell our emergency call handlers how to respond to an emergency call on that company’s behalf. The role of the Data and Procedures Consultant is to ensure that customer information is processed accurately and in a timely manner, making both SDS and procedures available for the emergency call handlers when taking calls. The Data and Procedures Consultant will liaise with the delivery team and customers to facilitate this process.
NCEC’s business continues to grow and as we expand our customer base the amount of information that we need to manage also increases. For example, we currently store around 1.7 million customer SDS and customers regularly send through new data when they add products to their ranges. The Data and Procedures Consultant role is essential to the provision of NCEC’s product offering as the work links directly into the delivery of the Emergency Response service.
- The successful applicant will join the emergency response delivery team and will be responsible for providing a service to our clients using bespoke databases to process customer data and create procedures.
- The main role of the Data and Procedures Consultant is to liaise with the delivery team and the customer with the focus on ensuring that customer data is input accurately and efficiently and that procedures are created when a new customer joins and that they are actively maintained during the life of the contract. The applicant would also be expected to take an active role in interactions with the customer where the data or procedures are more complex and do not fit within our standard ‘template’. Any issues should be promptly identified and resolved in order to meet the customer’s expectations.
- From the data perspective, this includes taking responsibility for the processing, registration, manipulation, storage and associated linking of this data. For example, documents need to be correctly registered against a customer and any impact on their procedures would need to be highlighted. It is essential that customer data is structured so that it is quick and easy for our responders to access in order to provide accurate telephone advice.
- For the procedures, their key purpose is to provide guidance to the Emergency Responder when they are handling a call. The element of the role is very reactive as new customers are joining all the time and are often requesting changes at short notice when their business demands it.
- There is also a proactive element to the role which is to develop and deliver a continual improvement process for both the areas (SDS and procedures) to ensure that all customer data is reviewed on a regular basis. The Data and Procedures Consultant will also conduct data analysis tasks where the aim will be to create visual representations of trends and draw actionable conclusions.
- The successful applicant will join a small team who are delivering a number of different customer facing roles. The Data and Procedures Consultant role is aimed at an individual who can work efficiently with minimal supervision but can also work closely with the other members of the team to draw on their particular specialisms as required. The successful applicant will be working closely with the Head of the Customer Service to enable them to develop their own customer relationships.
Key competencies and skills:
- Undergraduate degree or A-levels in a numerate subject(s)
- A proven track record of working in a process driven environment
- Effective problem-solving skills with ability to take responsibility for an issue and show initiative in finding resolution
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Organisational skills in relation to task management and time management
- Able to work under pressure and manage multiple data sets whilst meeting customer deadlines through effective prioritisation
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of standard office software packages, with a good working knowledge of Excel
- Experience of providing excellent customer service
- Knowledge and / or understanding of Safety Data Sheets
- A strong logical approach but the ability to think laterally
- Advanced research skills to be able to review and understand how a company is structured and how their operations fit within that structure
- Familiarity of, or interest in, chemistry / chemical industry
This is an exciting and rewarding place to work, with the opportunity to make a difference. What sets us apart is our People. You will work with an exceptional team of talented, dedicated and supportive individuals. You will have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development.
Our People are important to us and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Ricardo Energy & Environment has an ambitious diversity, equality and inclusion approach as explained in this message by our CEO.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.