Power Electronics Engineer
- Role type
Design and develop power electronics products for future EV’s, including: AC/DC, DC/DC converters, Chargers, DC/AC, inverters, EMI filters, and bus bar design.
Work on a modular and scalable architecture that can be applied across a range of low-voltage and high-voltage EV’s.
Responsible for the specification, design, development and release of power electronics for global electrified applications. This role can include both clean-sheet design, as well as, application engineering
Utilize individual and group design, drawing, specification and code reviews to demonstrate and drive the application of robust technical fundamentals to optimize vehicle performance, quality, DFM/DFA and cost.
Leverage extensive product development assets including team members, test labs, proving grounds and expert product development capabilities to deliver best-in-class performance, usability and quality.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree in electrical, mechanical or software engineering.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical or Mechanical engineering
- 1-3 years’ experience in power electronics products; AC/DC, DC/DC converters, Chargers, DC/AC, inverters, EMI filters, and bus bar design.
- Experienced with designing and releasing of Automotive components
- Strong communication, client awareness, and problem-solving skills
- Experienced in developing good supplier relationships
- Highly motivated to succeed, a self-starter who is driven and able to work with others effectively to "get things done"
- Experience working with 48V and >300V voltage levels and component selections.
- Hands on experience in power electronics hardware development including design, debugging and validation of:
- Semiconductor switching waveforms, loss modeling and thermal management
- Magnetic components
- Protection devices and safety issues
- Printed circuit board layout, interconnection, packaging, EMC and EMI
- Circuit simulation and computer-aided design tools (CAD)
- Fundamental understanding of switched-mode power conversion as applied to DC and AC circuits and systems
- Knowledgeable in IGBT and Si/SiC MOSFET technology and selection.
- Working knowledge of IGBT/MOSFET gate drive circuits.
- Experience in analog, digital and mix signal hardware design.
- Knowledge of feedback control and stability.
- Control expertise and digital implementation for power converters controls.
- Experience with schematic capture (Altium preferred) and simulation tools (PLECS) for power electronics.
- Experience in PCB layout for power electronics (Altium preferred): minimal stray inductance, EMC/EMI optimization.
- Design for Manufacturing, Design for reliability, DFMEA and fault trees.
- Background designing for UL and CE safety requirements and EMC.