Ricardo Defense - Cybersecurity Specialist/Engineer
- Role type
Ricardo Defense is seeking a Cybersecurity Specialist/Engineer in our Troy, MI facility to assess cybersecurity posture and provide analysis and design support in achieving RMF cybersecurity accreditation for vehicle systems within the Department of Defense (DoD) arena.
The cybersecurity specialist/engineer will work closely with the company's cybersecurity lead and government customers and subject matter experts to create and execute cybersecurity processes while applying detailed knowledge of Army and DoD certification and accreditation (C&A) processes. These cybersecurity processes include DIARMF NIST, DOD 8500, DISA/STIGs/IAVM & FISMA.
Qualified applicants will develop cybersecurity certification packages and support accreditations, implement DISA STIGs. Applicants must also be able to review security related standard operating procedures and instructions and recommend updates to corporate and project processes. The cybersecurity specialist will work with software development teams to ensure that appropriate measures are taken to minimize vulnerability and ensure that customer security requirements are met. Expect the cybersecurity specialist to keep abreast of the latest cybersecurity issues, technologies and approaches. Assists in the conduct of annual security reviews, including RMF accreditations.
Candidates for this position must be able to perform successfully both collaboratively and independently with periodic oversight. This position requires regular interaction with customers and subject matter experts. Some travel between CPC offices and customer locations required.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Act as technical contributor you will be working closely with the project team in supporting the execution of technical tasks
- Derive and allocate cybersecurity requirements to sub-system and component levels
- Collaborate with project managers, development team, end users and customers to ensure that requirements and expectations are addressed in all phases of the project
- Conduct reviews with product teams to ensure cybersecurity requirements are being met throughout the product development cycle
- Successfully represent the company and communicate effectively with customers
Ricardo Defense is a full-service engineering and technology company that develops customized solutions for government and commercial organizations. Ricardo Defense combines experience, skill, and innovation to bring leading-edge technologies and engineering to customers who require mission-critical systems. Our core capabilities include designing complex embedded systems and technology-enabled business management solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in IT, computer science or engineering from an accredited college or university
- Experience with cybersecurity for information systems
- 5+ years of relevant cybersecurity engineering experience
- Good technical leadership, planning and organization/control skills
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending & HSA Accounts
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
Ricardo Defense is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ricardo Inc. established as a separate limited liability company in 2015 and structured under a Defense Security Service ‘Special Security Agreement’. Ricardo Defense provides engineering, technology, product innovation, sustainment, and field support services for our customers in the defense industry. We are committed to providing outstanding value through quality engineering solutions focused on class-leading product innovation and robust strategic implementation. We are guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, creativity & innovation and passion. Ricardo, Inc. is the US subsidiary of Ricardo plc. For more information, visit www.ricardo.com.