- Role type
The System Engineer will directly support Ricardo Defense with a potential new program. This role will strengthen Ricardo Defense's core competencies in military vehicle system architecture and complex system integration. The System Engineer will ensure that advanced military systems, including robotic and fully autonomous military vehicles, are architected, designed, and tested in concert with disciplined functional safety approaches and analyses.
Candidates for this position must be able to perform successfully both collaboratively and independently with periodic oversight. This position requires regular interaction with customers and subject matter experts. Some travel between Ricardo offices and customer locations required.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Act as technical lead working closely with the project team to manage and support the execution of technical tasks.
- Manage the technical execution of subcontracts on the program.
- Allocate system-level requirements to sub-system and component levels
- Collaborate with project managers, development team, suppliers and customers to ensure that requirements and expectation are addressed in all phases of the project
- Conduct reviews with product teams to ensure requirements are being met throughout product development cycle
- Able to successfully represent the company and communicate effectively with customers
Ricardo Defense is a full-service engineering and technology company that develops customized solutions for government and commercial organizations. Ricardo Defense combines experience, skill, and innovation to bring leading-edge technologies and engineering to customers who require mission-critical systems. Our core capabilities include designing complex embedded systems and technology-enabled business management solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in IT, computer science, or engineering from an accredited college or university
- 10+ years of relevant systems engineering experience
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to present standout presentations
- Ability to effectively collaborate in multidiscipline engineering environments
- Good technical leadership, planning and organization/control skills
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending & HSA Accounts
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
Ricardo Defense is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ricardo Inc. established as a separate limited liability company in 2015 and structured under a Defense Security Service ‘Special Security Agreement’. Ricardo Defense provides engineering, technology, product innovation, sustainment, and field support services for our customers in the defense industry. We are committed to providing outstanding value through quality engineering solutions focused on class-leading product innovation and robust strategic implementation. We are guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, creativity & innovation and passion. Ricardo, Inc. is the US subsidiary of Ricardo plc. For more information, visit www.ricardo.com.