Senior Regulatory Consultant
- Role type
- Full time, Part time, Permanent
- Flexible, Home based, Manchester, Oxfordshire (Harwell)
- Closing Date
Sr Consultant £32,800 - £52,800
The National Chemical Emergency Centre (NCEC), founded over 4O years ago, is the market leading provider of chemical emergency response services globally, dealing with over 4,000 emergency calls a year on behalf of over 550 companies, including 50% of the largest chemical manufacturers in the world. We are recognised by our clients, the industry and our peers as being the premium provider of these services, and our reputation is based on the outstanding level of knowledge and technical expertise of our emergency response team.
Alongside the emergency response services, we also offer a range of regulatory compliance services (including REACH registration and representation, authorisation and evaluation, technical document authoring (SDS, etc.)), software packages for managing SDS and chemicals, as well as training and crisis consultancy and incident notification. This role is to join the regulatory team as a leader of our Poison Centre notification services – an important and growing part of our business.
Today NCEC is part of Ricardo PLC’s subsidiary company, Ricardo Energy & Environment; a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, air quality, transport, water, environmental and our chemical risk expertise with strong marketing, IT and economics capability.
One of our fastest growing areas is that of Poison Centre compliance related to Article 45 of CLP. NCEC is seen as experts in this field in the market for a number of years and have now conducted 1000’s of notifications for a growing number of customers. We have work to deliver and an excellent pipeline of opportunities and are looking for the right person to come and lead our activity in this area which we have high ambitions for. This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to come and make an impact in an important area of our business.
Along side the Poison Centres team we have a Safety Data Sheet authoring team and a REACH consultancy team that offer support to companies to ensure compliance with the REACH regulations.
- The senior/principal regulatory consultant will be responsible for delivery of all aspects of our Poison Centre, Safety Data Sheets and REACH business reporting to our Business Area Management. The role includes;
- Understanding the regulatory landscape and being an expert in this field (Poison Centres, SDS and REACH)
- Excellent project management and customer management skills, allowing you to manage our clients proactively, delivering excellence and winning repeat business
- Great communications skills – happy presenting our technical expertise and services at conferences, in webinar, presales meetings and client meetings. Within the business you will keep the wider team and stakeholders up-to-speed with progress seeking support and guidance as required
- A great team leader – able to motivate those around you to deliver to our external customers (and internal ones)
Key competencies and experience:
- Have an extensive background in Poison Centre compliance, REACH and CLP expert.
- Performing and managing high quality technical consultancy in the field of chemical regulatory affairs
- Have and maintain knowledge of the regulations affecting the worldwide chemical industry, in particular supply regulations GHS and CLP.
- Keep up to date with market trends and developments and provide technical support to colleagues in the development of new service offerings
- Contribute ideas to the development of business strategy with respect to regulatory consultancy
- Be a good communicator
- Have the ability to manage and influence people effectively and/ or delegate work to others
This is an exciting opportunity to take responsibility for an important and growing area of the NCEC portfolio and an important part of our growth strategy.
This is an exciting and rewarding place to work, with the opportunity to make a difference. What sets us apart is our People. You will work with an exceptional team of talented, dedicated and supportive individuals. You will have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development.
Our People are important to us and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Ricardo Energy & Environment has an ambitious diversity, equality and inclusion approach.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.