Sustainable Procurement Principal Consultant
- Role type
- Full time, Part time, Permanent
- London, Manchester, Oxfordshire (Harwell)
Do you want to work for a leading international environmental sustainability consultancy in a growing specialist team?
Ricardo Energy & Environment has an exciting opportunity for an experience sustainability professional to join our Circular Economy & Sustainability team. Reporting through our Resource Efficiency & Waste Management Practice, within our Infrastructure & Utilities Division, our team works to support the transition to a sustainable and circular economy. We offer a wide range of consulting services on themes such as resource efficiency, product sustainability and the circular economy. Based in the UK, Ricardo Energy & Environment operates globally. Our Circular Economy and Sustainability Team is growing quickly through increased demand from our clients, in the UK and overseas.
You will be responsible for the growth and development of sustainability services in the areas of sustainable procurement and supply chain management. You will be expected to lead projects, manage multi-disciplinary teams, deliver all aspects of consultancy and mentor team members. You must be able to demonstrate project management and technical expertise but will also be take an active role in business growth and development activities.
The role will be based in one of our main offices, London, Oxfordshire or Manchester, in line with the successful candidate’s preferences.
- Engaging procurement professionals from a variety of sectors to identify new commercial opportunities and business models.
- Tackling sustainable procurement and supply chain-related issues and communicating potential solutions and outcomes to clients.
- Leading technically complex consultancy projects and adding value to our clients.
- Coaching and developing the skills and capability of the Circular Economy & Sustainability team.
- Maintaining a detailed and up to date knowledge of the market and customer needs.
- Raising the profile of the Circular Economy & Sustainability team’s services both internally and externally.
- Networking and building strong relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Working closely with other Ricardo Energy & Environment teams (e.g. Energy, Water, Air Quality, Sustainable Transport etc) to provide a complete service to our clients.
Skills and behaviours:
- Undergraduate degree (2.1 or above) or post graduate qualification in sustainability or environmental management.
- A demonstrable track record of delivering supply chain and procurement projects across a range of sectors.
- Knowledge and experience in all aspects of sustainable procurement including strategy and policy development, strategic spend reviews, supplier engagement, tender support and contract management.
- A passion for delivering high value work to clients, identifying and securing new opportunities and bringing new ideas for successfully growing the business.
- Excellent numerical skills, report writing and oral presentation skills.
- Effective and proactive team member, capable of supporting and developing peers and junior staff members.
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.
About Ricardo Energy & Environment
Ricardo Energy & Environment is an internationally renowned consultancy with world-leading energy, environmental and technical expertise operating predominantly in the UK, in Europe and globally. We have over 550 technical and scientific staff, many being recognised experts in their disciplines, and over 40 years’ consulting experience that includes a long track record of successfully delivering services and advice to a wide range of major private and public-sector organisations.
Our business focus is on eight core areas of environmental consulting expertise: waste management and resource efficiency, sustainable business, energy, climate change, air quality, environment (including impact assessment, ecology, agriculture and chemical risk), water management and transport. Our parent company Ricardo plc is a UK-based company with annual turnover over £300m and 100 years heritage. Ricardo has 21 offices worldwide and over 3,000 people, approximately 70% being highly qualified multi-disciplined engineers, consultants and technicians.
Ricardo Energy & Environment’s head office is located in Harwell, Oxfordshire, and we have additional UK offices in London, Glasgow, Bristol, Manchester and Guildford. The Circular Economy & Sustainability team is primarily based in Glasgow, with representatives in Harwell and London. Ricardo has international offices in Brisbane (Australia), the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, South Africa and across Europe and Asia.
Ricardo Energy & Environment operates according to its accredited quality (ISO 9001) and environmental (ISO 14001) management systems. Working in partnership with our customers we help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.