Ricardo Defense - Field Service Representative
- Role type
Ricardo Defense is seeking an experienced Field Service Representative (FSR) to support a critical prototype vehicle test program for the United States Army. The Field Service Representative will serve an important role in minimizing downtime of multiple vehicle platforms by performing hands on preventive maintenance checks and service (PMCS), as well as troubleshooting, isolating, and repairing any vehicle mobility issues.
Ricardo Defense is a full-service engineering and technology company that develops customized solutions for government and commercial organizations. Ricardo Defense combines experience, skill, and innovation to bring leading-edge technologies and engineering to customers who require mission-critical systems. Our core capabilities include designing complex embedded systems and technology-enabled business management solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical guidance and advice to the customer related to vehicle service and repair
- Perform hands on maintenance to determine operational state of vehicle in support of military vehicle test programs
- Perform inspection, repair, and troubleshooting tasks on multiple platform vehicles
- Conduct technical analysis of vehicle installations, modifications, and enhancements
- Act as local on-site representative to Ricardo Defense
- Ability to work from technical manuals, work instructions, work orders and follow-up of historic troubleshooter findings and notes
- Proficient in the use of common and special tools, diagnostic equipment, schematics, and relevant technical and parts manuals
- Ability to use all types of power tools, lifting devices, carrying or support equipment, including safe use of slings and chains
- Able to work in a non-temperature-controlled environment, heat and humidity
- Able to work in confined spaces
- Able to demonstrate proficient computer skills and use of MS Office programs
- Able to prepare written technical reports
- Demonstrate professionalism and interact with all levels of employees and customers
- High School diploma with 10 or more years of directly related experience in the maintenance and repair of light/heavy vehicles (military experience preferred)
- Must be a U.S. citizen with ability to acquire a U.S. passport
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Certification from a vocational school or other recognized source such as a military service-related Advanced Individual Training
- Willing and able to travel 50% or more of the time when needed
- Able to obtain a U.S. government secret clearance
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending & HSA Accounts
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
Ricardo Defense is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ricardo Inc. established as a separate limited liability company in 2015 and structured under a Defense Security Service ‘Special Security Agreement’. Ricardo Defense provides engineering, technology, product innovation, sustainment, and field support services for our customers in the defense industry. We are committed to providing outstanding value through quality engineering solutions focused on class-leading product innovation and robust strategic implementation. We are guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, creativity & innovation and passion. Ricardo, Inc. is the US subsidiary of Ricardo plc. For more information, visit www.ricardo.com.
Ricardo Defense is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.