Climate Risk & Business Sustainability Consultant
- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
- London, Manchester, Oxfordshire (Harwell), Glasgow
- Closing Date
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, transport, air quality, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our clients to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
Our team helps our clients respond to issues across the sustainability agenda including: climate and product risk management, development of new business models, and sustainability reporting. We support our clients on a variety of projects across a range of sectors from risk and strategy through to data collection and verification to implementation.
We are at the forefront of current trends in climate change and sustainability with clients at all levels across public and private sectors providing insight and solutions to their environmental challenges. We seek individuals who are dedicated and capable of helping us to develop and grow our dynamic business.
We are seeking an experienced Consultant to work within our existing Business Sustainability team to support our continued growth. This is an excellent opportunity to make your mark in a rapidly developing business area within a leading environmental consultancy.
You will have a proven track record, strong market credentials and great customer and commercial skills. You will have demonstrable consultancy experience of working on climate financial risk and ESG projects at senior levels in the private sector and will work closely with other senior colleagues across the business to grow and deliver the team’s portfolio of projects.
With involvement in networking, developing leads, account management of key clients, winning and delivering consultancy projects, this role will involve developing our technical propositions and tailoring these for specific parts of the private sector.
Specific requirements of the role:
You will be based in one of our main offices in London or Oxfordshire or Manchester and will support and further develop Ricardo’s climate finance risk proposition and support the delivery of existing sustainability projects.
The role will involve a range of activities depending on business needs, including:
- Delivering consultancy projects in the market for ESG / TCFD and related services, to support the development and delivery of projects across different sectors and supply chains
- Developing new business and building Ricardo's network across the financial services and wider private sector
- Conducting market engagement to raise the profile of Ricardo’s climate risk services both internally and externally, attracting customers and new accounts
- Networking and building strong relationships with clients and other partners in the market
- Working closely with colleagues in related areas (eg net zero, carbon management, sustainability etc) to resource projects and deliver tailored solutions
- Delivery of high profile, technically complex consultancy projects
Key competencies and experience:
- Experience working in a consultancy capacity covering TCFD/ESG issues, for senior/C suite level clients (in finance or other sectors)
- Working knowledge of the TCFD recommendations, the Principles For Responsible Investment (PRI), GRESB, Sustainable Development Goals etc.
- Working knowledge of the ESG topics of most relevance/interest to finance sector clients
- Broad consultancy experience across a number of the following:
- Climate-related financial risk/opportunity impact assessment
- GHG mitigation strategies
- Science Based Targets (SBTs)
- Net-Zero strategy development
- Sustainability strategies/corporate reporting (ESG / CSR)
- Excellent knowledge of key policy and technical issues in the context of the TCFD/ESG agenda
- Proven networking skills and experience building strategic relationships with private businesses at the C-suite level
- Understanding of the corporate sector, in particular, from an asset management/risk management perspective
- Establish strong, trusted advisor relationships with clients through project delivery
- Track record of identifying and securing new consultancy work
Skills and behaviours:
You will have either a financial/accountancy and/or science qualification/background with practical and management experience with a focus on delivering a selection of sustainability projects.
You will also have:
- A passion for winning and delivering high value work to clients
- Flexible approach including a willingness and ability to work on a wide range of topics
- Great communicator and highly emotionally intelligent, with strong stakeholder engagement skills, and an ability to build consensus amongst groups of often very different stakeholders
- Ability to translate complex technical issues into appropriate language for senior management and finance professionals
- Excellent numerical skills, report writing and oral presentation skills
- Effective and proactive team worker and collaborator across teams, capable of supporting and developing peers and junior staff members
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.