Drupal Software Developer
- Role type
- Full time, Part time
- Flexible, Home based, Manchester, Oxfordshire (Harwell)
- Closing Date
Ricardo is a leading energy and environmental consultancy that works with governments, international donors and the private sector to reduce the impacts of climate change and enable sustainable business growth.
Ricardo’s digital solutions, products and services are fundamental in helping to fulfil evolving customer objectives around transparency, security and management of data and information. The Digital Solutions team work in collaboration with Ricardo’s wide range of internationally recognised experts and scientists, creating new and innovative solutions to tackle some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
As part of the team you will have opportunities to work on a wide variety of Drupal based projects and technically challenging work. Examples of our work include:
Drupal projects that facilitate supporting and monitoring strategic research and innovation within the mobility and transport sectors. Our web systems help researchers and companies make decisions regarding future research and development. They help the EU's need to analyse and track current and past research to determine the effectiveness of past policies and support future policies and funding decisions. We develop and maintain a database of related research funding programmes and projects to allow public access to this information and to enable analysis of this data.
Drupal projects that facilitate the exchange of information, knowledge and experience in the field of sustainable urban mobility in Europe
Drupal systems that integrate with air quality data management solutions
Integration with European systems that pull and share data
Day to day you will be comfortable with:
- Developing innovative Drupal 8 solutions
- Ensuring code remains easy to maintain and deploy.
- Developing configurable data download reports.
- Adding new modules and code to existing systems
- Developing secure code
- Updating existing codebases to ensure security.
- Anonymisation of personal data.
- Integration of login processes with third party systems including the EU's CAS system.
- Integration with the 3rd party tools
- OpenLayers mapping and working with HighCharts
- Solr Search engine.
- Determining which standard modules require patches and updating them
- Updating patched modules so they use the latest available code.
- The ability to bulk upload data types, typically using CSV data files.
We are looking for someone with a solid commercial background in Drupal, who can help us build and support high availability, data-intensive web applications for Ricardo Energy & Environment’s public and private sector clients. The successful candidate will be comfortable working on a portfolio of projects, both supporting and enhancing existing applications as well as creating new systems.
Our ideal candidate will have strong software development skills, excellent organisational skills and be an enthusiastic contributor to our team.
- Building Drupal software in a commercial environment
- Working with MySQL and/or PostGres databases
- Writing scalable and secure code using software design patterns and automated tests
- Building websites and tools in Drupal 7 and 8
- GitLab, task, test and release management tools
- Working collaboratively with software and non-software professionals
- Competent with Jira and Confluence
- Symfony development experience
- R, Python, Perl development experience
- Commercial product development experience
- Agile development processes and practices
- IT or computer science degree
- Well organised, with the ability to accurately estimate effort and deliver high quality code
- Works well with others, with good face-to-face communication skills
- Has passion, motivation and can easily adapt to learn and apply new technologies
- Commercially aware
- Able to contribute to our technology strategy and grow our digital capability
This is an exciting and rewarding place to work, with the opportunity to make a difference. What sets us apart is our People. You will work with an exceptional team of talented, dedicated and supportive individuals. You will have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development.
Our People are important to us and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Ricardo Energy & Environment has an ambitious diversity, equality and inclusion approach .
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.