Senior Level C#.NET Developer
- Role type
- Flexible Hours, Full time, Part time, Permanent
- Home based, Oxfordshire (Harwell)
- Closing Date
Senior Level C#.NET Developer
Location: Harwell (Oxfordshire) or home-based within travel distance to the office
Salary: £57-65,000 + benefits
Ricardo is a leading energy and environmental consultancy that works with governments, international donors and the private sector to tackle global issues in reducing the impacts of climate change and enabling sustainable business growth.
Ricardo’s digital solutions, products and services are fundamental in helping our business grow and adapt whilst fulfil evolving customer requirements. The Digital Services team deliver projects in collaboration with Ricardo’s wide range of internationally recognised environmental and sustainability experts, creating new and innovative solutions to tackle some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
As part of the team you will have opportunities to work on a wide variety of digital projects and technically challenging work that support initiatives that improve the world we live in.
Examples of our work include:
- Enterprise grade software applications that consist of real-time data collection, processing, ratification and dynamic reporting features for national and international air quality and energy management systems. Software that has been developed by our Digital Services team from the ground up.
- Industry leading emergency response solutions, for the National Chemical Emergency Centre. Our software helps emergency responders to quickly identify the correct procedure to be followed in the event of an incident involving hazardous materials, helping customers and the emergency services to save lives 24/7/365.
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced senior C#.NET Developer to join our expanding Team. We need skills to help us develop a range of bespoke enterprise grade applications based principally on C#. Traditionally we have built desktop (WPF) and web-based solutions (Asp.Net Core/Blazor/Angular) that support high profile projects for our public and private sector customers. We are now looking to move all of our digital products to the web and as such looking for a competent individual to help us accelerate this journey through .Net core.
We manage large data sets for our Government and private sector clients and therefore our systems must be secure, accessible and standards compliant. We need a flexible and energetic individual who can adapt to the changing needs of the projects we deliver, bringing to the fore a strong development background with the ability to assist in architecting the right solution to meet the needs of each client.
This role will require involvement in the development of solutions, maintaining existing systems (both customer facing and internal back-office), resolving bugs, along with building unit tests and modules prior to deployment. The ideal candidate will have a solid track record in web development and a stand-out candidate will also have solid experience in desktop application development using WPF to help us support two important internal systems. The ideal candidate will be an organised, well humoured and approachable individual that will help us grow and develop our data management applications within our industry sector.
5+ years proven commercial experience in .NET v4, using C#
At least 3 years web experience in ASP.Net Core/Blazor
Commercial experience delivering REST APIs/ WebAPIs
Solid understanding and track record in a commercial environment in object oriented (OO) programming
Demonstrable good coding practice and ability to perform code reviews
Good communication skills, able to be the informed consultant when engaging with colleagues and clients
- Adaptable and flexible to changing needs of the business
Commercial experience implementing WPF, WCF, MVVM solutions
Experience working with Azure DevOps (CI/CD)
Team leadership/ line management experience
- The ideal candidate will be a good team player who can work within our passionate team
- This role will require you to interact with people at different levels inside and outside the organisation so you should be able to communicate effectively and confidently
- Flexibility, resilience, using your initiative and prioritising are some of the key attributes of this role so you should be a self-motivated person with high attention to details and adaptable to changing needs and priorities of the business.
- IT or computer science degree is desirable though not essential
This is an exciting and rewarding place to work, with the opportunity to make a difference. What sets us apart is our People. You will work with an exceptional team of talented, dedicated and supportive individuals. You will have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development.
Our People are important to us and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Ricardo Energy & Environment has an ambitious diversity, equality and inclusion approach.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.