Junior/Mid level C#.NET developer
- Role type
- Closing Date
Ricardo is a leading energy and environmental consultancy that works with governments, international donors and the private sector to reduce the impacts of climate change and enable sustainable business growth.
Ricardo’s digital solutions, products and services are fundamental in helping our business grow and adapt whilst fulfil evolving customer requirements. The Digital Solutions team work in collaboration with Ricardo’s wide range of internationally recognised experts and scientists, creating new and innovative solutions to tackle some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
As part of the team you will have opportunities to work on a wide variety of digital projects and technically challenging work. Examples of our work include:
- Enterprise grade software applications that consist of real-time data collection, ratification and dynamic reporting features for national and international air quality and energy management systems that have been developed by our Digital Services team from the ground up.
- Workflow data management systems that have helped improve the efficiency and operation of large scale programmes for clients including Ofgem, Big Lottery and Department for Transport
- Industry leading emergency response solutions, for the National Chemical Emergency Centre. Our software helps emergency responders to quickly identify the correct procedure to be followed in the event of an incident involving hazardous materials, helping customers and the emergency services to save lives 24/7/365.
We are looking for a dynamic and talented C#.NET Developer to join our expanding Team. We need skills to help us develop a range of bespoke enterprise grade applications based principally on C#. We build desktop (WPF) and web based solutions (WCF) that support high profile projects for our public and private sector customers. We manage large data sets for our Government and private sector clients and therefore our systems must be secure, accessible and standards compliant. We need a flexible and energetic individual who can adapt to the changing needs of the projects we deliver, bringing to the fore a strong development background with the ability to assist in architecting the right solution to meet the needs of each client.
This role will require involvement in the development of solutions, maintaining existing systems (both customer facing and internal back-office), resolving bugs, along with building unit tests and modules prior to deployment. The ideal candidate will have a solid track record in developing MVC applications and also should have good experience in desktop application development using WPF. The ideal candidate will be an organised, well humoured and approachable individual that will help us grow and develop our data management applications within our industry sector.
- Proven experience .NET development experience (C#)
- .NET v4 +
- MVVM PRISM framework
- Experience of WPF and WCF
- Experience of MVC frameworks
- Webservices and webAPIs
- Solid understanding of object oriented (OO) concepts
- Track record in functional and unit testing
- Demonstrable good coding practice and ability to perform code reviews
- Good communication skills, able to be the informed consultant and engage with clients
- Adaptable and flexible to changing needs of the business
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject
- Has worked with Azure / a cloud based environment
- Database development experience (2008R2,2014)
- TDD (Test Driven Development) and Scrum methodologies
- IT or computer science degree is desirable
The ideal candidate will be a good team player who can work within our passionate team
This role will require you to interact with people at different levels inside and outside the organisation so you should be able to communicate effectively and confidently
Flexibility, resilience, using your initiative and prioritising are some of the key attributes of this role so you should be a self-motivated person with high attention to details and able to multi-task.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, flexible working, and the opportunity to make a difference in a competitive and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.