Ricardo Defense - Financial Manager
- Role type
Ricardo Defense has an exceptional career opportunity in our growing divisional finance department for an experienced Finance Manager. The ideal Finance Manager will have demonstratable work experience in the areas of divisional financial planning and reporting with proven project financial oversight, planning, and control experience. The ideal Financial Manager will be the ‘go to’ person for improving data mining, mapping, and also improving the efficiency in preparing financial data (actuals and forecast) for corporate reporting. This person will be performing accounting, planning, and reporting. In addition, the Financial Manager will be responsible for detailed tracking of division initiatives and project-based overlays related to division budgeting and forecasting to allow senior management to clearly track progress. This position will oversee and lead the growth and development of a project controls team who are front-line focused toward program execution (cost tracking, scheduling, customer billing and reporting, etc), serving the Program Managers and customers.
Ricardo Defense is a full-service engineering and technology company that develops customized solutions for government and commercial organizations. Ricardo Defense combines experience, skill, and innovation to bring leading-edge technologies and engineering to customers who require mission-critical systems. Our core capabilities include designing complex embedded systems and technology-enabled business management solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the development of accurate, consistent and timely reporting, analysis and delivery of business results and planning outputs
- Use technical skills and knowledge of financial planning and reporting to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of reported results; actuals, forecasts, and plans
- Coordinate the monthly forecast process supported by the project controls and program teams, and other business leaders, to deliver results aligned with the divisions objectives while implementing ongoing improvement to these processes
- Lead Gov’t compliance audits, yearly reporting of incurred cost (ICE), and submission to DCAA and DCMA of required information
- Perform due diligence assessments and audit for compliance to FAR and CAS, as well as, internal audit support and improvements
- Develop and disseminate all regular and ad hoc management information to support business strategy
- Review reports on historical and future trends in performance to determine appropriate paths for financial development and issue resolution
- Maintain systems and processes for reporting and managing overhead and general and administrative expenses
- Review forecasts for a variety of programs, departments, and business opportunities
- Forecast, budget, analyze and report business and financial results providing insight and analysis to support the business in making strategic decisions
- Partner with local Controller, program teams, operational management, and headquarter financial teams to help the businesses achieve objectives, provide analysis and meaningful reporting to support the understanding of results and strategic vision
- Oversee detailed planning and budgeting for the business, including tracking opportunities and the sales plan, detailed project tracking and other budget input assumptions for the business
- Develop project tracking plan to measure the business against budget and forecast for cost savings, efficiency, and other business and operational plans to drive strategic plans and results
- Design, develop, implement and improve processes related to financial reporting and analysis, budgeting and forecasting and business analysis.
- Design, present, and monitor dashboards and benchmarks to support and drive strategic & operational decision-making
- Develop and oversee monthly management reporting deck for board and senior management
- Analyze company performance against targets as well as comparisons to relevant competitors or peers
- Review and support regional and global capital appropriation requests and support assessment against strategic plan, payback, and long-term company investment strategy
- Assists with monthly reconciliations and entries for month end close and variance analysis to budgets and forecasts
- Other special projects as assigned by the VP Finance
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive, demonstrated finance and accounting experience
- Verifiable management and leadership experience
- Advanced Excel skills with proven developmental and improvement experience with ERP and reporting systems and tools
- Experience in Defense contracting organizations complying to FAR and CAS is required
- Incurred cost and rate preparation experience is a highly desirable skill, given preference in hire
- Ricardo Defense is a hybrid business, experience and understanding of both service based and manufacturing industry revenue recognition and cost accounting is also a benefit
- Financial reporting and consolidation tool experience is required with experience accessing ERPs and other business intelligence and finance IT forecasting tools is a must
- Financial modeling and budgeting experience required.
- The ability to analyze complex information, draw logical conclusions about business implications and identify actionable solutions is paramount to success in this position
- Creation of PowerPoint presentations is a given
We are seeking an analytical and detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work well under time constraints, maintain confidentiality, is team oriented and brings the experience and skill to contribute in a global finance, public reporting environment. Superior communication skills, solid organizational skills and the ability to work independently, preparing recommendations and providing solutions to the business while leading team development in a high growth environment are qualities we are seeking in the right candidate.
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- ompany Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending & HSA Accounts
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
Ricardo Defense is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ricardo Inc. established as a separate limited liability company in 2015 and structured under a Defense Security Service ‘Special Security Agreement’. Ricardo Defense provides engineering, technology, product innovation, sustainment, and field support services for our customers in the defense industry. We are committed to providing outstanding value through quality engineering solutions focused on class-leading product innovation and robust strategic implementation. We are guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, creativity & innovation and passion. Ricardo, Inc. is the US subsidiary of Ricardo plc. For more information, visit www.ricardo.com.