- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
- Closing Date
Ricardo Energy Environment & Planning is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental, civil, planning and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
You will work within the Planning team and will be based in our Melbourne office. You will assume general responsibilities that pro-actively contribute to the growth of Ricardo’s consultancy capabilities and all other disciplines across the organisation.
In the position you will report directly to the team leader of the Planning team, though you will also work closely with the wider leadership team. The role is varied and will include the following:
- Involvement and preparation of reports in both statutory and strategic planning projects, including planning permit applications, strategy plans, and master plans;
- Assistance in the preparation of reports to Tribunal and Planning Panels;
- Coordinate with other project consultants such as Architects, Project Managers, Urban Designers, Developers, and Government agencies to determine best practice planning outcomes;
- Assist and coordinate with other members of the consulting team in the preparation of project deliverables; and
- Work with the greater Ricardo team to deliver a finished product in accordance with service requirements.
Key Competencies and Experience
You should have the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience in applying the Victoria Planning Provisions (VPP’s);
- Tertiary qualification in Urban / Regional Planning;
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills;
- Valid Victorian Driver’s License;
- Be a proven completer-finisher with the ability to plan and prioritise a range of tasks and effectively work unsupervised;
- Excellent professional communication skills;
- Strong organisational skills with excellent attention to detail and ability to work methodically and thoroughly;
- Competent working knowledge of MS office, coupled with an aptitude to learn new systems;
- Be able to build effective working relationships at all levels across the business; and
- Possess a flexible approach to work activities.
Skills and Behaviours
- Be a team player able to work with and influence a wide range of stakeholders both inside and outside of the organisation;
- Be comfortable working on a variety of tasks in a sometimes fast-paced operational environment;
- Develop sufficient knowledge of the processes within customer service and operational delivery to be able to propose change and improvements;
- Team worker - willing to get involved, supporting colleagues to resolve issues and facilitating solutions;
- Embrace Ricardo’s values of Passion, Innovation, Integrity and Respect and aim to lead others towards high standards of behaviour and performance.
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo is an equal opportunities employer.