- Role type
We are looking for a highly capable Systems Engineer to support to our rapidly growing business. Ricardo Rail Australia is a premium provider of engineering services, with the expertise and technical capabilities to devise innovative solutions to our clients’ transport project challenges.
You will be responsible for providing support on leading transport projects focusing on the full life cycle application of systems engineering, as well as the development, management and verification of requirements.
- Provide systems engineering expertise to our clients;
- Develop high-level performance specifications for various transport and rolling stock projects;
- Support the development of systems engineering deliverables including, but not limited to, subsystem specifications, operational/maintenance concepts, interface control documents, architectural design descriptions;
- Support the achievements of design review phases for transport projects including, but not limited to, SDR, PDR, DDR, TRR, SVR.
- Manage all requirements in a Computer Aided Systems Engineering tool such as DOORS;
- Develop requirements traceability and verification matrices;
- Manage the implementation of engineering changes to specifications, including client contract documentation; and
- Perform technical evaluations of subcontractor submissions, including systems engineering deliverables, reports and verification evidence
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5 - 10 years experience in Systems Assurance and Engineering;
- Engineering degree qualified with strong results;
- Experience in systems verification review (SVR) and verification of requirements;
- DOORS (requirements management), Rational Team Concert (change management) and Excel experience;
- Familiarity with IEC15288, SEBok, of similar is desirable
- Experience in the Rail Industry / Rolling stock is preferred, although not essential; and
- Excellent communicator with the ability to work closely with stakeholders.
If you’re ready to take your career to the next level, please click the ‘Apply” link.
Ricardo Rail Australia is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
More about Ricardo Rail Australia:
Ricardo Rail is a global rail consultancy that provides specialist engineering services to help clients navigate the rail industry's operational, commercial and regulatory demands.
With extensive experience across all key disciplines, from rolling stock, signalling and telecommunications, to energy efficiency, safety management and operational planning, we support a client portfolio that ranges from some of the world's largest rail manufacturers and operators to niche component suppliers.
Our team in Australia consists of more than 150 engineers, project managers and technical specialists engaged in major rail projects covering rolling stock, system engineering and accreditation services. With office in 10 countries, Ricardo provides broad coverage to the rail industry and proudly possess a reputation for developing flexible and thoughtful solutions to the many challenges faced by our clients