Principal - Environmental Policy
- Role type
- Part time, Permanent, Full time
- Utrecht, Oxfordshire (Harwell), Manchester, Madrid, London
Ricardo’s Policy, Strategy & Economics Practice delivers cutting edge consultancy support for clients all over the world on the major issues facing the world including climate change, air pollution, the energy transition and the future of mobility, amongst others. We now have an opportunity for an experienced consultant to lead and direct a range of exciting and innovative environmental policy projects.
This role will be instrumental in providing expert advice on a range of topic areas including air quality, industrial pollution control, sustainable transport, water, climate change adaptation and mitigation, energy, waste and resource efficiency, agriculture and chemicals management.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be working on policy-related projects and proposals for a wide range of clients including the European Commission, UK Government Departments, multi-lateral development banks, industry trade associations and corporate clients.
You will be working on complex consultancy projects and proposals and will need to have the necessary skills, experience and aptitude to lead and collaborate with a wide range of experts across the company and in partner organisations. Projects and proposals that you will work on will include techno-economic studies, feasibility assessments, policy evaluations and impact assessments.
We are seeking an experienced consultant to play a key role in growing our dynamic and successful team. Someone with the experience and technical credibility to actively participate in helping to grow Ricardo’s business in the areas outlines above.
Collaborative in nature, you will help to support and mentor more junior colleagues.
You will already have extensive consultancy experience with both public and private sector clients and will have a proven track record in identifying, securing and delivering new opportunities, from lead generation and proposal preparation through to project delivery.
You should have the following skills and experience:
- Extensive consultancy experience in environmental policy and/or economics, applying strategic analysis to a wide range of policy problems across multiple topic areas.
- Problem solving skills in complex scenarios where fundamental principles may not clearly apply, or where data appears to conflict.
- Strong business development skills, with a track record of identifying and securing new consultancy work, as well as supporting and leading complex proposals and consultancy projects in the field of environmental policy.
- An understanding of European and/or international environmental policy issues
- Previous experience of managing European Commission and/or UK Government projects is desirable
- Strong communication skills, and experience of collaborating with diverse stakeholders/audiences and facilitating agreement between conflicting parties.
- An ability to build relationships both internally and externally.
- Be an effective and proactive team member, capable of supporting and developing peers and junior staff members
- Fluency in English is essential, fluency in other languages is desirable.
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading international sustainability consultancy combining air quality, climate change, energy, water, waste and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability
Operating across the world, Ricardo work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.