- Role type
We are looking for a highly capable Mechanical Engineer to support our rapidly growing business. Ricardo Rail Australia is a premium provider of engineering services, with the expertise and technical capabilities to devise innovative solutions to our clients’ transport project challenges.
- Provide technical advice in mechanical engineering;
- Technical Review of submitted documents;
- Performing functional testing of the subsystems;
- Witness inspections and tests;
- Participate in inspections, audits and technical meetings;
- Obtaining and understanding the needs and expectations of a wide range of stakeholders and communicating effectively with them;
- Engaging with a range of internal and external stakeholders and managing stakeholders’ expectations and priorities; and
- Support Ricardo Rail’s business development;
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar; and
- 1 - 5 years Mechanical engineering experience in rolling stock.
- Demonstrate a mature and reliable attitude to your work and a willingness to be trained;
- Excellent communication skill both written and verbal with the ability to work effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders;
- Passion for engineering and hands-on field based work;
- Able focus on a number of varied tasks with drive, enthusiasm and energy; and
- High level of computer literacy.
Salary range: $55,000 - $65,000
If you’re ready to take your career to the next level, please click the ‘Apply” link.
Ricardo Rail Australia is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
More about Ricardo Rail Australia:
Ricardo Rail is a global consultancy that provides specialist engineering services to help clients navigate the rail industry's operational, commercial and regulatory demands.
With extensive experience across all key disciplines, from rolling stock, signalling and telecommunications, to energy efficiency, safety management and operational planning, we support a client portfolio that ranges from some of the world's largest rail administrations to niche component suppliers.
Our team in Australia (formerly Transport Engineering) consists of more than 100 engineers, project managers and technical specialists engaged in major rolling stock projects across NSW, and who proudly possess a reputation for developing flexible and thoughtful solutions to the many challenges faced by our clients.
Please note we are not currently accepting applications for this position through recruitment agencies.