Air Quality & Climate Change Lead - Australia
- Role type
- Permanent, Full time
- Australia, Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney
- Closing Date
Ricardo have supported international waste, energy and water projects in Australia, and the wider Pacific region, across the last two decades. We now have a team of over 150 working in Australia delivering environmental consultancy services, infrastructure planning support consultancy and Rail industry technical services. We are now expanding our team to include air quality and climate change support and are looking for someone to lead the development of this market for us, building a viable local consultancy team that further strengthens our International reputation for the delivery of air quality and climate change services.
We are looking for an outstanding Associate Director/Principal/Senior Consultant to join our team and to lead, shape and deliver our air quality business in Australia. You will be a well-known and respected member of the air quality and climate change community in Australia with:
- extensive experience of winning and delivering consultancy projects on air quality and climate change in Australia;
- deep knowledge of the technical aspects and regulatory regime of air quality in Australia;
- an extensive network of contacts in both the private and public sectors;
- the ability to develop and lead a consultancy team.
You will be expected to develop and implement a business strategy for growth of our air quality and climate change business in Australia. You will be comfortable engaging with a wide range of potential clients and market stakeholders, building on your existing network and reputation and leveraging Ricardo’s wider internationally recognised capabilities and expertise to identify and secure new business opportunities.
You will lead on proposals, defining quality outcomes, pricing, budget and scope; and be responsible for developing a portfolio of work providing clear project direction which reflects our reputation for high quality solutions. Project delivery will initially be through our existing staff, but as the portfolio of work grows you will be expected to develop a local delivery team based across our Australian offices.
Most importantly you will have the drive and determination to succeed and must be comfortable working at Senior level in a consultancy environment.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience of working in air quality and climate change consultancy in Australia.
- A Bachelors, Masters or PhD in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of air quality assessment practices and regulations in Australia is essential.
- A proven track record of developing profitable new and existing business.
- Excellent leadership skills and the ability to develop motivated and high-performing teams.
- Have personal drive and determination to succeed and be able to positively contribute to the business at senior management level in a consultancy environment.
- Extensive technical experience alongside a strong track record in client relationship management.
- An impressive technical reputation in your field of expertise.
- Ability to direct projects and delivery of client outcomes.
- Proven experience of leading large complex bids including the management of bid teams, development of methodology and presentation and developing follow-on work with customers and creating new business opportunities.
- Strong communications skills
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.
About Ricardo Energy & Environment
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading international sustainability consultancy combining air quality, climate change, energy, water, waste and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled technical expertise and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
We have over 500 technical and scientific staff, many being recognised experts in their disciplines, and a long track record of successfully delivering services and advice to a wide range of major private and public-sector organisations.
Our air quality and climate teams include knowledge leaders on air quality measurement, inventory development, modelling, scenario assessment and policy development, exposure assessment, chemical modelling, public health impacts, information management and data visualisation. Our clients benefit from the full range of air quality and climate services that result in solutions and strategies tailored to addressing challenges at local, city and national scales.