Ricardo Defense - Operations Supervisor
- Role type
Ricardo Defense is seeking an experienced Operations Supervisor. The Operations Supervisor will supervise the manufacturing operations and support departments to achieve optimal levels of safety, productivity and quality to assure internal and external customer satisfaction. This is a hands-on position with the majority of time spent on the production floor.
The Operations Supervisor will be responsible for guiding, motivating, and developing staff within the Human Resources policies, build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication, manage productivity (hours and costs), participate and support company sponsored initiatives such as Employee Safety, Quality, Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing, and Production systems.
Ricardo Defense is a full-service engineering and technology company that develops customized solutions for government and commercial organizations. Ricardo Defense combines experience, skill, and innovation to bring leading-edge technologies and engineering to customers who require mission-critical systems. Our core capabilities include designing complex embedded systems and technology-enabled business management solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead production resources and strive to have them aligned with delivery schedule. Perspective needs to be on both the short and long term
- Ensure all employees are wearing correct PPE and following safety practices and procedures
- Support plant activities toward achieving required certifications and inspections (ISO, OSHA and internal controls)
- Assure operations has adequate supplies, materials, equipment and tooling
- Have thorough understanding of the operation of all equipment and processes within ABS operations
- Ensure employees are performing procedures in accordance with Standard Work
- Resolve production issues by performing root cause analysis escalate to senior management when necessary
- Support facility management and house keeping
- Interface with customers and suppliers as required
- Identify training needs within the plant and review current training programs
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Must be a US Citizen with ability to obtain a security clearance
- 2+ years Manufacturing experience
- Associates degree or equivalent
- Strong, organizing, prioritizing, communication, written and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of best practice processes
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
- Customer focused, consistently placing client as top priority
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending & HSA Accounts
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
Ricardo Defense is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ricardo Inc. established as a separate limited liability company in 2015 and structured under a Defense Security Service ‘Special Security Agreement’. Ricardo Defense provides engineering, technology, product innovation, sustainment, and field support services for our customers in the defense industry. We are committed to providing outstanding value through quality engineering solutions focused on class-leading product innovation and robust strategic implementation. We are guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, creativity & innovation and passion. Ricardo, Inc. is the US subsidiary of Ricardo plc. For more information, visit www.ricardo.com.
Ricardo Defense is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.