Rolling Stock ICT Engineer
- Role type
Are you interested in:
- Leading edge new rolling stock projects?
- Working within a high performing engineering team?
- Joining a fast growing, dynamic engineering organisation?
We are looking for a highly capable ICT Engineer to support our rapidly growing business. Ricardo Rail Australia is a premium provider of engineering services, with the expertise and technical capabilities to devise innovative solutions to our clients’ transport project challenges.
Working on large-scale rolling stock projects, you will:
- Provide technical advice in relation ICT aspects of design, manufacturing, testing & commissioning, acceptance and/or maintenance activities;
- Conduct the review of formal submissions from Suppliers, including participating in workshops with the Supplier;
- Witness inspections and tests, which may include overseas locations;
- Participate in audits and technical meetings;
- Undertake short-term domestic and/or international travel if required.
As part of the broader Ricardo Rail Australia team, you'll also have the opportunity to be involved in new business development.
Successful candidates will have:
- At least five years’ rolling stock ICT experience, ideally with design, integration and/or testing & commissioning experience;
- Experience in Signalling and ETCS is desirable;
- Experience in Radio Communications eg DTRS / NTCS also desirable;
- Bachelor of Electrical, Software or Mechatronics Engineering Degree with strong results;
- Strong verbal and written communication, consultation skills and the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels.
If you’re ready to take your career to the next level, please click the ‘Apply” link.
Ricardo Rail Australia is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
More about Ricardo Rail Australia:
Ricardo Rail is a global consultancy that provides specialist engineering services to help clients navigate the rail industry's operational, commercial and regulatory demands.
With extensive experience across all key disciplines, from rolling stock, signalling and telecommunications, to energy efficiency, safety management and operational planning, we support a client portfolio that ranges from some of the world's largest rail administrations to niche component suppliers.
Our team in Australia (formerly Transport Engineering) consists of more than 100 engineers, project managers and technical specialists engaged in major rolling stock projects across NSW, and who proudly possess a reputation for developing flexible and thoughtful solutions to the many challenges faced by our clients. We offer advisory, design and delivery services on projects in both the public and private sector.