- Role type
- Oxfordshire (Harwell), London
Do you want to work for a leading international environmental sustainability consultancy in a growing specialist team?
Ricardo Energy & Environment has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and adaptable consultant to join our Circular Economy and Sustainability team. We work to support the transition to a sustainable and circular economy by offering a wide-range of consulting services on themes such as corporate sustainability, environmental strategy, target setting, resource efficiency, product sustainability, the circular economy and much more.
Based in the UK, Ricardo Energy & Environment operates globally. Our Circular Economy and Sustainability Team is growing quickly, in the UK and overseas.
This role will provide an opportunity for a self-motivated consultant at the early stages of their career to develop themselves further in an exciting and rapidly changing sector.
From day one, you will be part of a team supporting senior consultants in delivering projects to our clients. Successful applicants will have strong numeracy, analytical and communication skills together with a proactive, organised approach and a pride in the quality of their work. You will be expected to have a commercial consultancy background and awareness of market drivers in the sustainability sector. Over time you will develop your consultancy skills across a broad range of areas – including strategic, technical, commercial and regulatory aspects – and will be able to contribute to a range of work and develop a career path with a focus on areas of particular interest and aptitude.
As a consultant, you will contribute to a range of projects across our consultancy work. You will manage your time across several projects, contributing in all phases - from supporting the preparation of proposals to win new contracts, through researching and analysing information and data, to contributing to reports that are delivered to clients and taking responsibility for client interactions. You will be responsible for the quality and delivery of your work and will liaise with other consultants to incorporate your contribution into wider project outputs. Whilst most of your work will be focused in the Circular Economy and Sustainability team, you may also be required to work with and for other parts of the company providing you with the opportunity to further expand your experience.
Key competencies and experience:
The position would suit:
- Undergraduate or graduate applicants with a Bachelor’s degree (2.1 or above) in a relevant technical discipline, and preferably a Masters;
- High level of numeracy;
- Interest in sustainability and the circular economy; and
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate and interact with colleagues in the practice and clients.
Skills and behaviours:
- High level of computer literacy, including familiarity with the full Microsoft Office software suite;
- Excellent skills in data collection, management and analysis;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Be flexible, resilient and enthusiastic;
- Highly adaptable, hungry to learn and apply learning across a variety of work, and
- Be able to work independently and demonstrate initiative, as well as operate effectively as part of a team.
- This is an exciting fast-paced environment with new challenges emerging and offers you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
- In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.
About Ricardo Energy & Environment
Ricardo Energy & Environment is an internationally renowned consultancy with world-leading energy, environmental and technical expertise operating predominantly in the UK, in Europe and globally. We have over 450 technical and scientific staff, many being recognised experts in their disciplines, and over 40 years’ consulting experience that includes a long track record of successfully delivering services and advice to a wide range of major private and public-sector organisations.
Our business focus is on eight core areas of environmental consulting expertise: waste management, sustainable business, energy, climate change, air quality, environment (including impact assessment, ecology, agriculture and chemical risk), water management and transport. Our parent company Ricardo plc is a UK-based company with annual turnover over £200m and 100 years heritage. Ricardo has 21 offices worldwide and 2,900 people, approximately 70 per cent being highly qualified multi-disciplined engineers, consultants and technicians.
Ricardo Energy & Environment’s head office is located in Harwell, Oxfordshire, and we have additional UK offices in London, Glasgow, Bristol, Manchester and Guildford. The Circular Economy and Sustainability is primarily based in Glasgow, with representatives in Harwell and London. Ricardo has international offices in Brisbane (Australia), the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, South Africa and across Europe and Asia.
Ricardo operates according to its accredited quality (ISO 9001) and environmental (ISO 14001) management systems. Working in partnership with our customers we help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work. In return for your commitment, drive, enthusiasm and adaptability, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field, and support for flexible working. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.