Senior or Principal Environmental Consultant - Aviation
- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
- London, Oxfordshire (Harwell)
- Closing Date
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining water, ecology, energy, waste, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work and deliver added value. We offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
Ricardo Energy & Environment, offers a comprehensive range of specialist services within the environmental consultancy sector.
To meet our growing UK business needs we are seeking a Senior or Principal Consultant with proven UK based experience delivering environmental services into the aviation sector. We are flexible for this role to be based at our offices in London or Harwell.
You will be responsible for helping develop new business through client relationships and responding to tenders. You will be expected to lead and manage a portfolio of existing projects as well as help develop and deliver the aviation sector strategy in accordance with Ricardo’s mission and vision.
The role will involve work across the UK and there maybe occasional opportunities to be involved in projects abroad. There will be the opportunity for you to take on significant responsibility and progress your career in your chosen direction.
Key competencies and experience:
- Degree level qualification in relevant environmental discipline.
- Previous experience of delivering environmental services; preferably into the aviation sector and including surface water management, environmental permitting and/or Water Framework Directive.
- Experience of liaising with airport operators and regulatory stakeholders (essential).
- Experience of providing environmental technical support to design and build contractors (desirable).
- Proven track record in growing a business stream, with;
- Demonstrated proficiency in winning work and client management.
- An appetite for business development.
- Experience leading in the delivery of projects within the Water & Environment practice and the abiltiy to work collaboratively with other disciplines in the air, carbon and transport sector.
- Confidence, initiative, enthusiasm and an outgoing nature with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, coupled with the ability to liaise at all levels.
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.