Ricardo Defense - Mechanical Engineer
- Role type
Ricardo Defense has a challenging career opportunity for Mechanical Engineer with expertise in vehicle braking systems. This Mechanical Engineer will work in our Van Buren, MI office.
What You will Do:
This Mechanical Engineer will work on a team with engineers from other disciplines to support engineering tasks related to vehicle braking system for combat vehicles. These tasks will include detail design, configuration management, document review, specification definition, and production/field support.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Act as technical contributor. You will be working closely with the project team in supporting the execution of technical tasks
- Derive and allocate system-level requirements to sub-system and component levels
- Collaborate with project managers, development team, end users and customers to ensure that requirements and expectations are addressed in all phases of the project
- Conduct reviews with product teams to ensure requirements are being met throughout the product development cycle
- Successfully represent the company and communicate effectively with customers
Qualifications We Value:
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to present standout presentations
- Ability to effectively collaborate in multidiscipline engineering environments
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- The ability to communicate complex ideas succinctly and persuasively to peers, management and customers
- Good technical leadership, planning and organization/control skills
- Proficiency with advanced system and concept development, and in developing creative or novel safety strategies in the automation space
- Bachelor's degree in a Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university in engineering or another relevant engineering field.
- Experience with braking systems for vehicles
- 2+ years of relevant engineering experience
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
Ricardo Defense, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ricardo Inc. established as a separate limited liability company in 2015 and structured under a Defense Security Service Special Security Agreement'. Ricardo Defense provides engineering, technology, product innovation, sustainment, and field support services for our customers in the defense industry. We are committed to providing outstanding value through quality engineering solutions focused on class-leading product innovation and robust strategic implementation. We are guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, creativity & innovation and passion. Ricardo, Inc. is the US subsidiary of Ricardo plc. For more information, visit www.ricardo.com.
Ricardo Defense Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.