Business Resource Efficiency Implementation Advisor (4 month FTC)
- Role type
- Closing Date
Do you want to work for a leading international sustainability consultancy in a growing team?
Ricardo Energy & Environment has an exciting opportunity to join our business resource efficiency team. Reporting through our Infrastructure & Utilities Division, the team works to support businesses to embed energy and resource efficiency through energy savings, reductions in raw material use and more efficient management of waste.
You will be responsible for supporting the provision of technical support to clients, from initial engagement, facilitating the delivery of technical advice by our resource efficiency specialists, through to provision of final reports and the delivery of implementation support to help overcome barriers. You will support businesses and organisations by:
- Working closely with a team of business energy and resource efficiency specialists to support the uptake and delivery of on-site resource efficiency support to businesses.
- Promoting the benefits of energy and resource efficiency to businesses and influencing and supporting them to take action.
- Developing, scoping, overseeing the delivery and following up on projects while managing client relationships throughout.
- Providing technical advice and mentoring on projects. Delivering front-line business advice with a particular focus on overcoming business barriers to implementation of identified measures.
- Quality checking client deliverables, outputs and reports related to energy efficiency.
- Presenting on energy efficiency and other resource efficiency topics at training seminars and events.
- Providing initial telephone support on waste, water, energy and raw materials efficiency.
- Liaising with specialist sub-contractors and building relationships internally and externally.
Key competencies and experience:
- Networking and building strategic partnerships with businesses, business support, public sector and voluntary sector organisations.
- Demonstrable knowledge of energy, waste/material and water efficiency opportunities within small and medium-sized businesses with the confidence to discuss the opportunities available to businesses and the ability to translate this into technical support.
- Ability to scope resource efficiency projects and oversee opportunity assessments.
- Report writing with excellent attention to detail.
- Able to recruit, develop and deliver business improvement projects in the areas of resource efficiency
- Influencing key decision makers to take action.
- Case load management.
- Project delivery, including liaison with specialist sub-contractors.
- Able to interpret complex issues and data and identify solutions quickly.
- Accurate and appropriate selection, presentation and promotion of information.
Skills and behaviours:
- You will be proactive and solutions focused with a drive and enthusiasm to help our clients and be supportive to colleagues with the following attributes:
- Excellent influencing and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Team working and able to coordinate and prioritise activities to ensure delivery of agreed targets.
- The ability to work autonomously and proactively.
- Competent with the full MS Office package is essential including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Flexible approach to working activities.
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.
About Ricardo Energy & Environment:
Ricardo Energy & Environment is an internationally renowned consultancy with world-leading energy, environmental and technical expertise operating predominantly in the UK, in Europe and globally. We have over 450 technical and scientific staff, many being recognised experts in their disciplines, and over 40 years’ consulting experience that includes a long track record of successfully delivering services and advice to a wide range of major private and public-sector organisations.
Our business focus is on eight core areas of environmental consulting expertise: waste management, sustainable business, energy, climate change, air quality, environment (including impact assessment, ecology, agriculture and chemical risk), water management and transport. Our parent company Ricardo plc is a UK-based company with annual turnover over £200m and 100 years heritage. Ricardo has 21 offices worldwide and 2,900 people, approximately 70 per cent being highly qualified multi-disciplined engineers, consultants and technicians.
Ricardo Energy & Environment’s head office is located in Harwell, Oxfordshire, and we have additional UK offices in London, Glasgow, Bristol, Manchester and Guildford. The business resource efficiency team is based in Glasgow. Ricardo has international offices in Brisbane (Australia), the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, South Africa and across Europe and Asia.