Consultant / Senior Consultant - Carbon Management
- Role type
- Full time, Part time, Permanent
- Bristol, Flexible, Glasgow, Guildford, London, Manchester, Oxfordshire (Harwell)
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a global sustainability consultancy, core to Ricardo Group’s vision of creating a world fit for the future. Our mission is to solve the world’s most pressing energy and environmental challenges. To achieve this, we combine world-leading energy, climate change and environmental expertise with powerful power systems engineering, IT, knowledge management and economics capabilities.
Our business consists of a team of over 400 consultancy staff and we work globally for governments, international agencies, infrastructure operators, regulators and commercial organisations as a leading provider of analysis, advice and sustainable solutions. We also have a track record in leading and delivering major multi-partner transnational programmes.
The Energy Practice:
The Energy Practice’s focus is the decarbonisation of energy and we consist of over 65 specialist consultants supporting techno-economic studies, technical auditing, regulatory development, smart grid solutions, carbon management and optimising local energy systems. The practice operates in the following market sectors for public and private organisations:
- Transport Energy Infrastructure
- National Electrical Infrastructure
- National Heat & Cooling Infrastructure
- Local Energy Systems
To support in the delivery of technical projects in our carbon management team – in particular our business delivering energy and carbon management strategies, regulatory compliance, and energy efficiency.
This is an exciting opportunity for a professional and consultative individual looking to enhance their skills further within a rewarding and fast paced energy & environmental consultancy business.
You will have practical career experience and be able to demonstrate effective project delivery and communication skills. They will have experience of working with private sector clients across a range of industry sectors, and will be able to show expertise in a selection of the following areas:
- Carbon management planning
- Carbon footprinting and verification
- Airport Carbon Accreditation (ACA)
- GreenHouse Gas (GHG) reporting
- Project Management
- Identification and assessment of energy savings for buildings, processes and transport.
- Energy modelling
- Financial assessments of investment returns for energy efficiency
- Analytical skills with ability to identify, develop and implement solutions
- Knowledge of both current and future environmental and energy related legislation
You will also need to hold a Full UK Driving licence for this position.
- Experience in working within a consultancy business;
- Experience of identifying and developing business opportunities;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Strong PC literacy - especially in MS Excel and MS Word;
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an competitive remuneration and benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. We would consider applicants for this post on a full time or 4 day per week basis. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.