RDI - IT Systems Engineer
- Role type
Ricardo Defense is searching for an experienced and detail-oriented IT Systems Engineer to join our expanding IT Department. The primary assignment for this position will be to provide Level 2 and Level 3 support to the internal users of the RDI systems.
What You Will Do:
Assignments for the IT Systems Engineer will vary based on the variety of projects and problem resolution. Some typical responsibilities for the IT Systems Engineer may include the following:
- Design and perform various tests on server applications according to required standards and perform all disaster recovery activities
- Provide expert knowledge to all network designs and projects
- Design and execute LAN/WAN integration including hardware installation, network administration, performance monitoring/tuning, and service level agreement (SLA) contingency assurances
- Design and maintain Telecommunication architecture for internal, external, and mobile communication, including voice, text, email, and instant messaging
- Design, implement and maintain Virtualization architecture to support engineering, business, and software development needs
- Analyze, design, and recommend Cloud-based systems for business scalability and cost optimization
- Design and maintain business, software development, and manufacturing databases including administration, custom schema modeling, deployment architecture, backup operations, and continuous operations/disaster recover (COOP/DR)
- Design and maintain the mail server including administration, storage/backup/archive policies, and filter/quarantine mechanisms
Qualifications We Value:
- Experience providing Level 2 and Level 3 systems support
- Ability to troubleshoot, isolate and solve information system problems with limited guidance and support
- Experience using a variety of operating systems, databases, networking equipment, and server virtualization software
- Knowledge of Windows Server, Microsoft SQL and Linux
- Knowledge of cybersecurity. Security+ certification a plus. Network+ certification a plus. Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) qualification is a plus.
- Network Administrator certification, Security+ certification
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, collect and analyze metrics, develop procedure manuals
- Ability to lead meetings, present information and respond to questions from internal staff and management
- Must be able to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance. U.S. citizenship required to obtain this clearance
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related IT field
- Knowledge using VMware, Network Administrator certification, Windows Server and Linux, Microsoft SQL
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
Ricardo Defense, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ricardo Inc. established as a separate limited liability company in 2015 and structured under a Defense Security Service Special Security Agreement'. Ricardo Defense provides engineering, technology, product innovation, sustainment, and field support services for our customers in the defense industry. We are committed to providing outstanding value through quality engineering solutions focused on class-leading product innovation and robust strategic implementation. We are guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, creativity & innovation and passion. Ricardo, Inc. is the US subsidiary of Ricardo plc. For more information, visit www.ricardo.com.
Ricardo Defense Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.