RDI - Software Test Lead
- Role type
Ricardo Defense is developing the next generation of software-based maintenance tools and has an opening for a Software Test Lead. This Software Test Lead will ensure we clearly accomplish our customer requirements by defining test strategies, plans, and procedures that validate and verify our software end items. We are looking for a Software Test Lead that can effectively represent Ricardo Defense at customer test sites. This position is located in our Troy, MI office.
What You Will Do:
The Software Test Lead will be responsible for the overall quality of a software product suite that includes web-based and desktop deployments. The Software Test Lead operates independently of the software engineering group to ensure impartial evaluation of work products. The Software Test Lead coordinates testing activities, resources and personnel. The Software Test Lead will implement software automated test solutions that run in a continuous integration process for an ongoing software development effort.
Qualifications We Value:
- Software product development experience that spans the entire development lifecycle
- Experience writing test plans and test descriptions following DoD practices
- Experience with TestComplete and TestExecute
- Familiarity with XML, Document Type Definitions (DTD), and XML Schema Definitions (XSD)
- Familiarity with networking and multi-node testing
- Experience with data-driven testing including database verification
- Familiarity with the following package management systems: NuGet, NPM, and Apache Maven
- Takes initiative in identifying technical gaps, learning and applying new concepts
- Team player - Comfortable performing engineering development in a fast-paced, team environment
- Good communicator - Strong written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter - assumes full responsibility for completion of assigned tasks
- Direct working experience with customers
- Problem solving, analysis, and debugging in a server environment
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in engineering, engineering science, computer science, computer engineering, or mathematics
- Minimum of five years of experience in software testing
- Must be able to pass a United States Government background investigation
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
Ricardo Defense, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ricardo Inc. established as a separate limited liability company in 2015 and structured under a Defense Security Service Special Security Agreement. Ricardo Defense provides engineering, technology, product innovation, sustainment, and field support services for our customers in the defense industry. We are committed to providing outstanding value through quality engineering solutions focused on class-leading product innovation and robust strategic implementation. We are guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, creativity & innovation and passion. For more information, visit www.ricardo.com.
Ricardo Defense Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.