RDI - Software Test Engineer
- Role type
Pax River, MD
Ricardo Defense is developing the next generation of software-based maintenance tools and has an opening for a Software Test Engineer. This Software Test Engineer will ensure we clearly understand our customer requirements and verify solutions to meet near-term realization expectations. We are looking for a Software Test Engineer that will help define technology updates and new feature requirements for RD software automated test solutions. This Software Test Engineer will support a large, ongoing software development effort. This position is located in our California, MD office.
What You Will Do:
This Software Test Engineer will be responsible for the overall quality of web-based and desktop product suite. The Software Test Engineer performs software and documentation quality efforts and operates independently of the software engineering group to ensure impartial evaluation of work products. The Software Test Engineer works with the Lead who coordinates the testing activities, resources and personnel. The Software Test Engineer develops automated test applications for continuous integration, build and test environments.
Qualifications We Value:
- Software product development experience that spans the entire development lifecycle
- Experience writing test plans and test descriptions following DoD practices
- Experience with automated test creation
- Familiarity with XML, Document Type Definitions (DTD), and XML Schema Definitions (XSD)
- Familiarity with one or more of the following package management systems: NuGet, NPM, And Apache Maven
- Takes initiative in identifying technical gaps, learning and applying new concepts
- Experience developing product-level operational concepts, use cases, requirements and interfaces for software products
- Team player - Comfortable performing engineering development in a fast-paced, team environment
- Good communicator - Strong written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter - assumes full responsibility for completion of assigned tasks
- Must be able to pass a United States Government background investigation
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in engineering, engineering science, computer science, computer engineering, or mathematics
- Minimum of one year of experience in automated testing of applications
- Direct working experience with customers
- Problem solving, analysis, and debugging in a server environment
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
Ricardo Defense is a full-service engineering and technology firm that develops customized solutions for government and commercial organizations. Ricardo Defense combines experience, skill, and innovation to bring together leading-edge technologies and engineering to customers who require mission-critical systems. Our core capabilities include designing complex embedded systems and technology-enabled business management solutions.
Ricardo Defense Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.