RDI - Facility Security Officer
- Role type
Ricardo Defense is seeking a Facility Security Officer (FSO) in our Troy, MI facility to lead Ricardo Defense's Industrial Security and Export Control efforts. The qualified candidate will be well-versed in all security disciplines and have working knowledge of the NISPOM. The FSO will be the lead "Subject Matter Expert" on all security matters and interface with representatives from the Defense Security Service (DSS) and corporate management. The FSO will be supported by a small number of security specialists who will provide support for day-to-day security procedures and processes at other Ricardo Defense sites.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure compliance with the National Industry Security Program (NISP).
- Develop, Coordinate and Conduct all security training.
- Oversee and ensure coordination of Security inspections, evaluations, and/or reviews to ensure proper protection and/or corrective measures have been taken when an incident or vulnerability has been discovered.
- Develop a Security education, training, and awareness program and conduct security assessments.
- Ensure compliance with the company's Special Security Agreement and monitors FOCI mitigation activities
- Represent security as a member of the core leadership team; provide security guidance and advice regarding all aspects of security with respect to general facility management.
- Develop, and administer security programs and procedures for classified or proprietary materials, documents, and equipment.
- Act as the Technology Control Officer to ensure the protection of ITAR and EAR controlled products, data and information
- Act as the Insider Threat Program Senior Official (ITPSO) and ensure execution of the Insider Threat Program Plan
- Current investigation with at least Secret eligibility and the ability to maintain that clearance
- Ten years of prior FSO experience, working knowledge of the NISPOM
- Current DSS required FSO training
- Experience with Foreign Ownership, Control and Influence (FOCI) mitigation
- Experience with Export Control regulations and requirements (ITAR and EAR)
- Bachelors degree, BA or BS is preferred
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable interfacing with government representatives, corporate management and all company staff.
- Self-starter, defines own work plans and schedules
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
Ricardo Defense, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ricardo Inc. established as a separate limited liability company in 2015 and structured under a Defense Security Service Special Security Agreement'. Ricardo Defense provides engineering, technology, product innovation, sustainment, and field support services for our customers in the defense industry. We are committed to providing outstanding value through quality engineering solutions focused on class-leading product innovation and robust strategic implementation. We are guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, creativity & innovation and passion. Ricardo, Inc. is the US subsidiary of Ricardo plc. For more information, visit www.ricardo.com.
Ricardo Defense Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.