- Role type
- Permanent, Full time
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
Reporting to the Finance Operations Manager this role is to provide excellent financial support and information to our Water, Environmental Impact assessment and Infrastructure teams at all levels including Practice Director, Senior Practice Management and project managers/directors, as well as senior finance management. To enable effective financial management of teams and contracts, and support in the achievement of the Company’s financial targets and growth.
- To help drive financial best practice, providing training and support to colleagues as required.
- Working with Project Managers, Project Directors and Practice Management to understand, analyse and drive financial performance within the practice, including variance analysis and supporting practice management in financial reporting and forecasting.
- Support all financial aspects of Projects across the entire life cycle from proposal through to project completion, including revenue recognition, monthly management accounts preparation, forecasting and tax implications.
- Support Practice growth in the UK and Internationally
- Train and support project managers in financial systems, policies, procedures and best practice.
- Provide accurate and relevant reporting of management information to the operational teams.
- Liaising with commercial, sales and other central teams, as well as auditors and customers as required.
- Input to development, enhancement and implementation of business wide financial systems and process and other projects within the finance team.
Key competencies and experience:
- CIMA (or similar) qualified or part qualified. Support for studying available.
- Relevant financial/commercial experience
- Good Excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability and flexibility to work under pressure to strict deadlines,
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, plan, prioritise and be responsible for deliverables.
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, personal development, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.