Associate Director - Sustainable Transport
- Role type
- Full time, Part time, Permanent
- Flexible, London, Madrid, Oxfordshire (Harwell)
Associate Director – Sustainable Transport London, Oxfordshire or Madrid
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, transport, air quality, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise. Our Sustainable Transport team delivers cutting edge analysis to clients all over the world on the major environmental, social and economic challenges facing the transport sector. We work with both private sector and government customers across a wide range of policy areas.
Our work is highly influential and has been used to support the ongoing development of UK, European and international legislation for all modes of transport. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced consultant to play a key role in our dynamic and successful Sustainable Transport team. Someone with the leadership experience and business credibility to lead from the front; collaborating with other divisions in order to further grow and deliver on our portfolio of projects.
You will bring experience with both Government and private sector clients on policy-related issues and will already have a proven track record in identifying and securing new opportunities, from lead generation to proposal delivery.
You’ll be motivated by an interest in bringing new ideas to the table for successfully growing the business and will be given the autonomy and support to make key decisions and lead on future projects.
You should have the following skills and characteristics:
- Extensive consultancy experience on policy and technology topics, ideally in transport and including experience of working with both public and private sector clients across the UK, EU and Internationally;
- A knowledge and practical understanding of developing policy in the context of the EU Commission, along with a sound knowledge of the economics that under pins it.
- A broad knowledge of transport policy would be desirable including freight policy, aviation policy, competitiveness of the transport sector, social and economic impacts of transport policies, as well as some policy work on transport-related environmental issues.
- Strong business development skills, with a track record of identifying and securing new consultancy work, as well as leading complex proposals and projects;
- Flexible approach, including a willingness and ability to work on a wide range of topics, some of which will be new to you;
- Strong communication skills and an ability to build relationships both internally and externally;
- Excellent report writing and oral presentation skills (in English) – knowledge of other European languages would also be beneficial;
- Be an effective and proactive team leader, capable of supporting and developing peers and junior staff members.
With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment strives to be an equal opportunities employer.