Associate Director - Sustainable Transport
- Role type
- Full time, Part time, Permanent
- Flexible, London, Madrid, Oxfordshire (Harwell)
- Closing Date
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, transport, air quality, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
Our Sustainable Transport team delivers cutting edge analysis to clients all over the world on the major environmental, social and economic challenges facing the transport sector. We work with both private sector and government customers, across a wide range of policy areas. This includes measures to reduce environmental impact, improve safety, cut congestion and improve the overall efficiency of the transport sector. Our work is highly influential and has been used to support the ongoing development of UK, European and international legislation for all modes of transport.
We are seeking an Associate Director to play a key role in our Sustainable Transport team. You will have extensive consultancy experience with both Government and private sector clients on transport technology and policy-related issues. You will have a proven track record in identifying and securing new opportunities, from lead generation to proposal delivery. You will bring new ideas to the table for successfully growing the business.
This is a rare opportunity to join a dynamic and successful team, and to be responsible for building new workstreams and capabilities. Your role will be hands on and leading from the front, working collaboratively with other divisions in order to grow and deliver our portfolio of projects.
The role will be based in our London, Oxfordshire or Madrid offices, in line with your preferences.
You must have the following skills and characteristics:
- Extensive consultancy experience on transport policy and technology topics, including experience of working with both public and private sector clients;
- Strong business development skills, with a track record of identifying and securing new consultancy work, as well as leading complex proposals and projects;
- Flexible approach, including a willingness and ability to work on a wide range of topics, some of which will be new to you;
- Strong communication skills and an ability to build relationships both internally and externally;
- Excellent report writing and oral presentation skills (in English);
- Be an effective and proactive team leader, capable of supporting and developing peers and junior staff members.
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment strives to be an equal opportunities employer.