Apprentice Customer Service Assistant
- Role type
- Full time, Part time, Permanent
- Closing Date
The purpose of this role is to provide excellent Customer Service support for NCEC's chemical emergency response helpline business. This role provides a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to progress their career to Customer Service Manager for an organisation that ‘makes a difference’.
With training, duties to include:
- Be a point of contact for day-to-day operational delivery and accountability.
- Help to implement a series of activities which support the account management strategy.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction and efficiency of delivery, communications and service management.
- Providing input to ensure appropriate processes and communication channels are in place.
- Supporting the identification of sales opportunities and changes in account categorisation.
- Act on any issues affecting prompt payment, satisfaction, and long-term customer retention.
- Help to recognise and prevent any risks arising from non-standard delivery.
- Support/Manage the implementation of new customers subscribing to the service.
- Liaise with internal teams whose roles relate to service delivery.
Key competencies and experience:
You should be able to demonstrate the below criteria;
- At least 1 years work experience in a customer service or administrative role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desirable (but not essential)
- Experience of customer service best practice, ideally b2b
- Experience working with a CRM system such as MS Dynamics
- Team player
- Quick decision-maker
- Willing to embrace Ricardo’s values of Passion, Innovation, Integrity and Respect and aim to lead others towards high standards of behavior and performance.
- Minimum of 4 GCSEs at grade A* - C (9-4) or equivalent including English and maths.
- A-levels (or equivalent) in Business/Management/Marketing type subject
- A level 2 Apprenticeship in Customer service
- OCR Level 2 Certificate in Customer Service
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.