- Role type
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
To provide accounting support to ensure the smooth running of the business. As an accounts assistant you will be responsible for maintaining the purchase ledger, processing employee expenses and raising sales invoices.
- Ensure all purchase invoices are processed within agreed guidance
- Ensure all employee expenses and credit/purchase cards are processed within agreed guidance
- Preparation of sales invoices including compliance with VAT guidance
- Resolve queries from employees and suppliers and proactively deal with account discrepancies including supplier statement reconciliations
- Preparation of weekly payment runs
- Preparation of monthly reports including PSA data, control account reconciliations and analysis
- Administration of credit/purchase card accounts
- Creates new projects and work orders in Agresso
- Backup for timesheet processing in times of absence
- Ad-hoc support to other roles in finance during periods of leave
- Any other ad hoc duties as and when required
Key competencies and experience:
- Experience of using accounting software is essential, preferably Agresso Business World
- Previous accounts experience
- Good knowledge of HMRC guidance on VAT
Skills and behaviours:
- Have a strong can do attitude as well as being a team player to support colleagues
- Have strong organisational and communication skills
- Be highly motivated and reliable
- Have a good ability to meet deadlines
- Strong computer skills, especially within Outlook and Excel
- Excellent problem solving skills
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.