Principal EIA / Environmental Planning Consultant
- Role type
- Full time, Part time, Permanent
- Bristol, London, Manchester
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining water, energy, waste, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work and deliver added value. We offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
Ricardo Energy & Environment, offers a comprehensive range of specialist services within the environmental consultancy sector. Nationally and internationally recognised for our expertise in planning and overseeing complex and sensitive projects, our skills have been utilised by a wide range of clients within the public and private sectors including the European Commission, government, utilities and developers.
To meet our growing UK business needs and future development aspirations we are seeking a Principal EIA / Environmental Planning Consultant with proven UK based environmental planning and leadership experience to join our planning and EIA team. We are flexible for this role to be based at one of the following locations; London, Manchester or Bristol.
You will be responsible for helping develop new business through client relationships and responding to tenders. You will be expected to lead and manage your own projects and sub tasks as well as contribute as part of the wider team. The role will involve work across the UK and there maybe occasional opportunities to be involved in projects abroad. There will be the opportunity for you to take on significant responsibility and progress your career in your chosen direction.
Key competencies and experience:
- Degree level qualification in EIA and/or town planning
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant subject
- Chartered status
- Previous experience of delivering EIAs and working with multi-disciplinary teams on high profile projects
- Sound knowledge and experience of the UK planning system
- Understanding of the town and country planning consents process
- Experience of liaising with clients, planning authorities and stakeholders
- Understanding of a range of technical environment disciplines
- Commercial focus
- Proficient in winning work and client management
- Demonstrated experience of business development
- Project management and delivery including management of junior staff and sub-contractors
- Confidence, initiative, enthusiasm, and be outgoing with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to liaise at all levels
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.