Consultant – Global Rail Engineering
- Role type
- Closing Date
Position Title: Senior Consultant – Global Rail Engineering
Department: Ricardo Rail UK
Reporting to: Team Leader
The roles we are seeking to fill are that of Systems Engineering Consultants to support our Consultancy, and Systems Engineering bsiness areas.
You will work on the delivery of projects providing engineering consultancy and safety engineering services to projects and their deliverables and directly to the client as required. You will apply your engineering expertise and experience to a range of generic mainline UK and Turkish, appropriate projects. The role will include taking the lead in pursuing and furthermore leading delivery on Rail related opportunities in Turkey.
You will be required to manage the delivery of your own work and because Ricardo encourages development you will be given the opportunity to work in other areas and as a project manager and manage smaller safety engineering and consultancy projects to timescale, cost and quality.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Provide expertise and advice to Ricardo Rail and external clients on good system engineering practice and safety engineering techniques.
- Lead the development of delivery in the Turkish region, identifying opportunities and leading projects through the full project Lifecycle.
- Lead the collaboration between UK and overseas delivery teams.
- Support and contribute to the delivery of projects in the UK, including attending meetings with clients and other stakeholders.
- Develop proposals and undertake business development activities to enhance client relationships and secure further work.
- Project manage small and medium sized projects.
- Interface with other domain experts from other disciplines within Ricardo Rail.
- Contribute to assurance projects (NoBo/DeBo/AsBo/ISA).
- Represent Ricardo Rail at industry events.
- Maintain and develop your own competence and knowledge.
Qualifications / Experience:
- PHD educated in a suitable Rail engineering discipline.
- Candidates should have experience of one or more of the following areas (system requirements, principles and practice):
Computer-based interlockings and interfaces
Wheel Profile Design and Wheel Rail Interface
Traffic Management Systems
Telecommunication Systems (CIS, Networks, GSM-R)
- Experience of client acceptance roles and the application of safety engineering and risk assessment principles are also highly desirable.
- A good understanding of applicable standards relating to signalling systems including TSIs and UK standards is required.
- Analytical and methodical problem solving.
- A visible passion for the rail industry.
- Fluent -written and verbal in Turkish.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Flexibility to travel in the UK and overseas if required.
Ricardo is a global strategic, technical and environmental consultancy and specialist niche manufacturer of high-performance products. We also provide independent assurance services in the rail sector. With a century of delivering excellence and innovation, we employ over 3,000 professional engineers, consultants and scientists world-wide.
Our activities cover a range of market sectors including passenger car, commercial vehicle, rail, defence, motorsport, motorcycle, off-highway, marine, clean energy and power generation.
Our client list includes the world’s major transportation original equipment manufacturers, supply chain organisations, energy companies, financial institutions and government agencies.
Guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, innovation and passion we enable our customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success.
Ricardo Rail is a global multi-disciplinary rail consultancy providing services in expert advice and independent assurance across the UK, Europe, Middle East and Asia where we employ c600 consultants working on infrastructure, rolling stock and independent assurance projects.
Our UK Rail business employs c120 consultants in offices in London, Preston, York, Bristol and Derby, which is our head office.
We provide consultancy and independent assurance services, including NoBo, DeBo, AsBo and ISA, across infrastructure and rolling stock to clients including infrastructure managers, train manufacturers, equipment manufacturers and maintainers.
Our shared goal is to be the natural choice provider of expert advice and independent assurance services to the global rail industry. Care, integrity and excellence will always drive our long-term relationships with clients and colleagues.
Due to continued growth we are now looking to strengthen our signalling and safety engineering capability to help lead the growth of this business area and support the delivery of existing and new projects.