Senior Consultant - Buildings Energy Management
- Role type
- Full time, Permanent, Part time
- Oxfordshire (Harwell), Bristol, Flexible, Glasgow, Guildford, London, Manchester
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a global sustainability consultancy. We combine world-leading energy, climate change and environmental expertise with powerful IT, knowledge management and economics capability. We help policy makers understand complex issues and empower business leaders with award winning consultancy advice.
Our Energy Practice is a team consisting of 60 consultants who are highly experienced professionals specialising in techno-economic and management consultancy services for the private and public sector, with particular emphasis on carbon management and renewable energy. The strength of the Energy practice is our ability to combine strategic, financial/economic and technical advice as an integrated consultancy service to public and private sector clients. Our team of energy consultants are qualified in a range of commercial, engineering, economic and financial disciplines. Most of our assignments draw on expertise in several of these areas.
To support in the delivery of technical projects in our carbon management consultancy – in particular our business delivering energy and carbon management strategies, regulatory compliance, and energy efficiency.
This is an exciting opportunity for a professional and consultative individual looking to enhance their skills further within a rewarding and fast paced environmental consultancy business.
Candidates will have practical career experience and be able to demonstrate effective project management and communication skills. They will have experience of working with private sector clients across a range of industry sectors, and will be able to show expertise in a selection of the following areas:
- Identification and assessment of energy savings for buildings, processes and transport.
- Energy modelling.
- Financial assessments of investment returns for energy efficiency.
- Carbon footprinting.
- Airport Carbon Accreditation (ACA).
- Analytical skills with ability to identify, develop and implement solutions.
- Knowledge of both current and future environmental and energy related legislation.
The successful candidate will need to hold a Full UK Driving licence for this position.
- Experience in working within a consultancy business;
- Experience of identifying and developing business opportunities;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Strong PC literacy - especially in MS Excel and MS Word;
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive remuneration and benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. We would consider applicants for this post on a full time or part time basis. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.