Assistant Technical Manager - Rail - NoBo/DeBo and AsBo
- Role type
- Bristol, London
- Closing Date
Position Title: Assistant Technical Manager
Department: Ricardo Rail UK
Reporting to: Team Leader
The role we are seeking to fill is that of Assistant Technical Manager for one of our large assurance projects, reporting to the Project Director you will be required to assist in managing the technical aspects of the Programme so that it achieves the programme’s requirements of cost, quality, schedule and safety and the provision of Technical Governance.
Critical to this is experience of the railway domain, and specifically a robust knowledge and experience of the UK railway infrastructure systems used on the mainline railway.
You should also be familiar with the standards that apply to these systems including TSI and national standards.
You will be involved in providing consultancy to infrastructure owners, such as Network Rail and LU, providing safety engineering and assurance services. Experience of CSM and the approvals processes employed in the UK is desirable.
You will also provide:
- Assistance with day to day liaison with the client and all key project partners regarding production and delivery.
- Day to day liaison with the NoBo and AsBo Leads and the Engineering teams delivering the NoBo and AsBo assessments, regarding work load, programme and technical requirements.
- Attendance at regular internal/external project reviews/meetings.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Assists the Technical Manager and Technical Lead as directed.
- Represents Technical Manager/Technical Lead at meetings with the client and Ricardo team.
- Assists in the management of the technical aspects of the project so that it achieves the programme's requirements of cost, quality, schedule and safety and the provision of technical governance.
- Has working knowledge of CSM REA requirements and interoperability.
- Ensures consistency in the outputs and deliverables produced by Ricardo.
- Learn required Expereince to be able to provide the Ricardo team and the Programme with expert knowledge and guidance concerning the overall systems of CSM REA requirements, interoperability and compliance checks, thereby making sure that the NoBo and AsBo team works to the latest interoperability requirements.
- Ensures the building of effective and efficient relationships with Project Engineering Managers.
- Delivers value for money to the client via the identification, re-use and adaption of any existing NoBo and AsBo technical approaches used on similar programmes where applicable.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Degree educated in a suitable discipline.
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent through a relevant professional institution, or able to achieve.
- Experience of railway infrastructure including one or more of the following:
Over head line and power supply systems
- An understanding of relevant standards such the TSIs and national standards.
- Willingness to learn the application of NoBo/DeBo and AsBo processes.
- Analytical and methodical problem solving.
- A visible passion for the rail industry
- Versatile and adaptable, able to operate under pressure
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Flexibility to travel in the UK and short durations overseas if required