Functional Safety Engineer
- Role type
Seeking a Safety Engineer that will be responsible for leading safety related activities on safety critical systems and ensures products, processes and work products are ISO26262 compliant.
The Safety engineer will work with the customers' safety organizations as well as client engineers and managers to ensure the functional safety process is executed and documented. Specific work products include the Safety Plan, Preliminary Hazard Analysis, Safety Requirements, and Safety Analysis including FMEDA and FTA, and Safety Verification and Validation activities.
- Act as a Functional Safety Manager for the Electronics Product Group.
- Analyze impact of ISO26262 releases for client Electronics and create Functional Safety awareness across department.
- Perform safety management activities for Electronics projects according to relevant standards during all project phases (concept, product development, production) including preliminary hazard analysis, DFMEA, FMEDA, qualitative and quantitative fault tree analysis.
- Develop safety architectures and safety plans to ensure compliance with ISO26262.
- Lead and coordinate creation of functional safety documentation according ISO 26262.
- Cascade safety requirements to the systems, subsystems, and component levels in product portfolio. Specify detailed safety requirements, including diagnostic and software requirements.
- Collaborate with project managers, development team and customers on Functional Safety.
- Conduct reviews and audits with product teams to ensure functional safety standards are being met throughout product development cycles.
- Act as main customer contact related to safety topics to optimize the cooperation and expertise regarding OEM processes and strategies.
- Support teams with legal compliance elicitation and legal / safety problem solving (CCIB) Critical Concern Inquiry Board.
- Minimum BS in Engineering, Mathematics/Science.
- 3 years relevant work experience, in product development (ideally in automotive safety related products).
- Knowledge of the Products Development Life Cycle with respect to Systems, Electrical or Software Development.
- Detailed knowledge and experience with ISO 26262.
- Knowledge of Functional Safety Theory, with specific on-the-job experience (prefer if holds Safety certification).
- Awareness of the compliance models which are relevant to the Electronics Product Group (e.g. CMMI-DEV and ISO15504).
- Familiarity with Microprocessor/DSP based hardware designs, and Software Architecture.
- Knowledge of Requirements Management tools (e.g. TcSE / DOORS).
- Good technical leadership, planning and organization /control skills.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to plan and deliver effective training.
- The ability to communicate complex ideas succinctly and persuasively to peers, management and customers.
- Ability to work effectively within a team orientated environment.
- Self-motivated / self-starter with the ability to find creative solutions.
- Flexibility in working hours to work with a global team may be required. Some flexibility for global travel is important.