HR Business Partner
- Role type
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work and contribute to our vision: to create a world where everyone can live sustainably and:
- Breathe clean air
- Access clean water
- Use clean energy
- Travel sustainably
- Conserve resources
As an HR Business Partner, you will provide professional HR expertise and advice to a growing Practice of around 100 employees, including directors and team leaders, in the UK and overseas.
You will be one of four HR Business Partners, reporting to the Senior HR Business Partner, working together to support the organisation’s vision and growth strategy.
You will develop deep and effective working relationships with your Practice to ensure business objectives are supported by HR policies and practices. You will be outward facing in the business, often attending Practice Meetings, coaching Team Leaders, sitting with Practice colleagues to build business knowledge. You will confidently challenge and critically evaluate proposals and be proactive in putting forward ideas and different perspectives, including regarding unconscious bias/diversity.
You will also work closely with the other HRBPs and Senior HRBP to ensure that the service is consistent across the business. You will find the HRBP team incredibly supportive and regularly discussing solutions and sharing learning to make sure we consider the best and latest thinking in our service to the business. We are a team that is continually developing and hence you will be comfortable with change, managing your priorities and a varying set of tasks.
Your role will cover a wide range of areas, including:
- Providing advice and guidance to employees on policy and procedure
- Mentoring of junior HR colleagues
- Proactive support to Team Leaders and Managers
- Liaising with Occupational Health on specific cases
- Contract changes
- Inductions and probations
- Managing maternity/paternity/flexible working/home working requests
- Providing input into HR strategic goals
- Contributing to the creation and implementation of new policies and processes
- Advising on global mobility and Visa matters
- Leadership of/involvement in HR projects as required
- Support for PDR, promotion cases, salary reviews
- Data management and analysis
- Delivering training, as required
- Performance management, disciplinary, grievances and redundancy, infrequently
Key Competencies and Experience
- A generalist HR background
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification
- Good knowledge of UK employment legislation
- HR qualified (Level 5 or above)
- Understanding of a consultancy environment
- L&D background
- Level 1 User for the UKVI Sponsorship Management System to apply for Certificates of Sponsorship, renew employee visas, manage migrant worker records etc
Skills and behaviours:
- Ability to work autonomously and lead implementation within your Practice
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team of HRBPs
- Good attention to detail and the ability to identify and deliver operational improvements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability within the context of the needs of the business
- Be committed, proactive and have a “can do” approach to all aspects of working
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, within the HR Team and wider business
- Advanced Microsoft office skills
- Adaptable and accepting of the need to work flexibly in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Flexibility to travel to other sites as needed
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.