Account Manager - German Speaking
- Role type
- Full time, Part time
- Closing Date
Account Manger German Speaking
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our clients to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
As part of our expertise, we operate the National Chemical Emergency Centre (NCEC), founded over 45 years ago. NCEC is the market leading provider of chemical emergency response services globally, dealing with over 8,000 emergency calls a year on behalf of over 500 companies, including 50% of the largest chemical manufacturers in the world. We are recognised by our clients, the industry and our peers as being the premium provider of these services, and our reputation is based on the outstanding level of knowledge and technical expertise of our emergency response team. What does this mean – in short our team save people’s lives and protect the environment, assets and organisations reputations on a daily basis. This aligns to Ricardo’s vision of ‘a world it for the future’ and Ricardo Energy & Environment’s vision of a world where we can all live sustainably. Ultimately you would be working for a company that does real good.
Alongside the emergency response services, we also offer a range of regulatory compliance services (including REACH registration and representation, technical document authoring (SDS, etc.)), software packages for managing SDS and chemicals, as well as training and crisis consultancy and notification.
NCEC has delivered double digit growth in the last three years and we are looking for the right individual to take a lead in making their contribution to this growth by building relationships with existing and new clients. The key objective of this role is to provide excellent account management support to the customer service team, seeking opportunities to up and cross sell our services, whilst maximising customer retention. Secondary is to maximise the client relationships to derive ley market and competitor insights to define further product development and business growth.
Ultimately the role is account growth and development, the individual will demonstrate key commercial awareness, and business development capability within an existing account network. This will include opportunity identification, needs analysis, proposition development, negotiation and close, all whilst demonstration excellent levels of relationship building and maintenance. This role will require working closely with our customer service team.
The role is ‘split’ with 50% of the time working directly with our German business development lead in the market, primarily on account management but with an element of marketing and sales support, with the remaining 50% working with our global account management, and supporting our account managers.
This role is an ideal role for someone looking to developing into a commercially focused, customer facing role. They will have a role directly supporting some of the more complicated accounts alongside our experienced Account Management team, as well as responsible for their own direct sales into a subset of the accounts team.
This role will form part of NCEC’s business development team with support from the Head of Account Management. They will liaise closely with the customer service team, with support from the Head of Customer Service.
- Account Development – the account manager will be working directly with the accounts to develop these, both in terms of up sell and cross sell. Opportunities will be identified and developed through forging strong, close working relationships with the clients, and through proactive lead development activity and managed through to close. This will include account retention.
- Account management - The Account Manger will help implement specific activities which support the account management strategy; to ensure client satisfaction and efficiency of delivery, communications and service management. There will be an emphasis on external communications in order to raise the profile and leverage cross sell/up sell opportunities
- Engagement- The Account Manager will focus on engaging directly with the client base to achieve the above, and also to identify key market insights, including market trends, regulatory challenges and competitor activity. They will input into the business development strategy internally which ensures we are demonstrating our value and differentiation versus our competitors, whilst identifying new product development opportunities. This includes the opportunity to cross sell wider R:EE products and services.
- Managing risk - They will act on any issues affecting prompt payment, satisfaction, long-term retention, etc. recognising, and where possible, preventing any risks arising from non-standard delivery.
- Guidance - The Account Manager will liaise with internal teams whose roles relate to service delivery, e.g.: emergency responders, procedures, data, accounts and sales teams to advise and provide guidance on elements of Account Manager enabling others to deliver a high-quality service.
Key competencies and experience:
- You should be able to demonstrate the below criteria;
- Direct sales
- Ability to manage a number of accounts (c. 100), both (German based and European based)
- Support to marketing function (event attendance, event follow up, webinar support, etc.) in Germany
- Proactive lead generation experience into accounts, and potentially to support new business growth.
- Support the management of German based trading partner
- Commercial support for contract negotiations for wider account management team (drafting contracts, letter of amendments, CRM maintenance, etc.)
- Working closely with our customer service team to facilitate commercial changes to existing accounts
- UK Based
- Fluent Germany Speaker
- Strong attention to detail
- Travel (in future) likely to Germany
- Communication skills – both internally and with prospects / clients
- Team working – working with multiple internal stakeholders
- Experience of working within a consultative sales environment, for example within a consultancy, software, or similar environment.
- Experience in working within a risk management, chemical response, regulatory or safety business area.
- Experience working with a CRM system, especially MS Dynamics, would be an advantage
Skills and behaviours:
- An organised, commercially aware, target focused Account professional who appreciates excellent customer service and client relationships are critical to the achieving this.
- A team player able to work with a wide range of stakeholders both inside and outside of the organisation, being comfortable and confident in working with clients to ensure they are getting value from our services, and seeking further support opportunities
- Committed to continuous improvement of the business, the service delivery, and the clients risk management.
- Enthusiastic about sharing knowledge and expertise with the team to encourage improvement in the function of the customer service team as a whole
- Comfortable working in a dynamic operational environment, occasionally involving elements of quick decision-making
- Willing to embrace Ricardo’s values of Passion, Innovation, Integrity and Respect and aim to lead others towards high standards of behaviour and performance.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer