Consultant – Traction Power System
- Role type
ABOUT RICARDO RAIL
Ricardo is a global strategic, technical and environmental consultancy and specialist niche manufacturer of high performance products. We also provide independent assurance services in the rail sector. With a century of delivering excellence and innovation, we employ over 2,900 professional engineers, consultants and scientists world-wide.
Our activities cover a range of market sectors including passenger car, commercial vehicle, rail, defense, motorsport, motorcycle, off-highway, marine, clean energy and power generation.
Our client list includes the world’s major transportation original equipment manufacturers, supply chain organisations, energy companies, financial institutions and government agencies.
Guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, innovation and passion we enable our customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success.
Ricardo is committed to ensuring there is no discrimination against any job applicant on the grounds of race, colour, nationality or national or ethnic origin, gender or marital status, disability, gender change status or sexual orientation, religion or philosophical belief, political belief, trade union activity or age.
Ricardo Rail is seeking a consultant with experience in power supply to support a range of local as well as regional projects. As a qualified consultant, you will have familiarity in traction power system design, installment, and have good understand of railway system. You will be able to use this knowledge to assess power system for our clients.
As a project manager for relevant projects within your area of expertise, you will be required to manage the delivery of your own work to the client within the defined timescale, cost and quality
- Assess system interface and integration in whole project life cycle for both local and regional projects
- Produce technically accurate reports and other documents in support of client projects within timescales and budgetary requirements
- Plan and implement project and programme activities, ensuring that they are undertaken within agreed resource parameters and delivered on time
- Provide support as required in business development activities, including contributing to proposals, and advise the appropriate manager of potential business opportunities identified
- Represent Ricardo Rail at industry events
- Maintain your own competence and knowledge at the forefront of the fire engineering community.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Be degree educated in related Engineering discipline, have membership in a relevant professional institution is an advantage
- At least 10 years’ experience in design, coordination, integration of electrical power systems in rail industry
- Familiar with power supply system, especially AC and DC Traction Power for Mass Rapid Transit System
- Fluent in speaking and writing English