- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
- Home based, London, Oxfordshire (Harwell)
- Closing Date
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
The organisation has delivered strong growth in the environmental sector over the last few years and we are at the centre of Ricardo PLC’s strategy for the next 100 years of the business with the backing and support of the PLC for substantial growth.
Key to our strategy is to grow our current accounts in the private and also strategic public sector and donors. Our private sector client base has been growing rapidly via organic actions and acquisition over the last 3 years, and now accounts for over 25% of our revenues. With focused resource and expertise, we are looking to achieve further growth in new sales as part of our 3-year plan working with and supporting internal teams with dedicated sales skills focused predominantly on outbound calling activity following up our campaign activity.
The sales executive will be a new addition to the organisation sitting in our sales team. As we develop the business further, we are looking for a dedicated individual to lead on outbound prospecting, including direct cold calling alongside following up specific marketing campaigns.
The objective for this role is to provide our internal clients, consultants across the R:EE business, a resource to lead on the follow-up activity to the internally generated marketing activity to maximise the effectiveness and the returns.
The key focus for this role is on the following:
- Lead generation for our Incident Notification service (alongside broader crisis management consultancy)
- Supporting our software sales team generate leads for our portfolio of software solutions and products
- Providing specific lead follow up support to the wider R:EE organisations as necessary.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to make their mark in a growing business. Reporting to our Head of New Business, they will need to understand the requirements of the role, be highly experienced in delivering successful calling campaigns and be able to pick-up the basics of new topics and subject areas quickly to help deliver on the range of different topic areas the business has. Coaching and support will be provided by our existing caller and sales and marketing leadership helping the successful candidate to achieve high performance every day; accurately managing their lead pool and delivering value to customers (both internal and external).
The role has autonomy to help determine focus, messaging and capitalise on areas of success. The key objective of this role is to generate leads and therein win significant orders from private and public sector clients.
- Develop a lead bank of prospective customers cross-Industry for our Incident Notification service (and related consultancy)
- Develop and implement calling campaigns to support marketing generated campaigns across the wider business, and generating call-based messaging based on the campaign material.
- Work closely with key members of the sales team across incident management, our internal digital services team, and the wider business, to co-ordinate activity and realise the greatest returns.
- Utilise consultative sales techniques to uncover the client’s needs.
- Implement tools and processes that maximise the impact of the outbound activity on all campaigns.
- Liaise with the wider business to develop messaging, and to pass through fully qualified leads to subject matter expert consultants with good levels of detail and knowledge about the prospect
- Seek opportunities to add value for clients and ensure excellent customer experience is maintained
- Work with marketing to review, challenge and develop campaigns to maximise success
- Quickly understand the basics of new technical areas such that you have fluency and patter when developing and implementing call-based messaging.
- Utilise Microsoft dynamics CRM to input and manage leads through the sales process
Key competencies and experience:
- Proven and demonstrable experience of business to business sales calling and lead generation.
- The ability to understand and explain our services with technical and regulatory focused personnel through to C-level decision makers and developing compelling solutions tailored to client needs – a consultative approach is therefore essential.
- The ability to work with multiple internal stakeholders across a wide range of specialisms.
- The ability to quickly and effectivity qualify the interest of a prospect.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and ability to overcome client objections.
- Experience in using a CRM system to manage and maintain lead records
- Experience in the ‘environmental’, ‘crisis management’, ‘incident management’ or consultancy sector
The successful candidate will have examples of displaying the right behaviours for success and an understanding of what these are and how to replicate them to consistently deliver at a high level alongside their own mental toughness and tenacity. Strong values and a cultural fit with our organisation will be essential in ensuring your success.
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive salary and benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.