- Role type
- Closing Date
Senior/Principal - Crisis Management & Business Continuity
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading energy and environmental consultancy, including our 45+ year old National Chemical Emergency Centre and growing crisis and business continuity consultancy. We are looking to employ a senior / principal consultant to join our expert team who have grown our crisis and business continuity consultancy offering from a standing start to an order book of over £1M over the last three years. Ricardo’s strategic development objective is to continue developing and growing this crisis business area and is looking for the right individual to come in to lead the business area and to support and facilitate continuing rapid growth, enable successful delivery of the projects and lead its offerings to the market place (working with existing sales resource).
Ricardo has a number of existing customers in this space who have purchased consultancy services and Incident notification product-based services. We also have key multiyear frameworks with several large customers with programmes of work secured.
Ricardo is seeking a talented Consultant with experience in crisis management/business continuity to develop, deliver and support further strong growth in this area of business. This person will work with and lead our expert Senior Consultants and report directly to our Practice Director. They will lead in the development and delivery of our consultancy offering across two strands:
Development and delivery of new consultancy projects with new / existing customers – including utilising existing Government framework vehicles.
Work closely with our dedicated new business sales manager and the existing sales team to grow our offering and bring this to market.
It is expected that this role will require a range of skills and various different types of activities to deliver the objectives outlined above, including visiting potential customers to promote our services (with / without sales resource as required). This opportunity is therefore ideal for someone looking to help continue to build a newer business offering within an existing and well-established organisation which has a strong track record in chemical incident response and related consultancy more widely. Ricardo Energy & Environment has a client list which is accessible to the team including major utilities companies and airports.
- Lead the crisis management business area as a proactive, engaging and supportive principle consultant, with the capability to bring the business and individual consultants, with them on that journey.
- Lead and deliver Crisis Management and business continuity (BC) consultancy including, but not limited to; review of Crisis & BC plans, training, audits, creation of scenarios and exercises.
- Establish and maintain relationships with new and existing customers and support the existing sales teams in their prospective activity.
- Contribute to identifying new offerings, designing and undertaking marketing campaigns, etc. alongside existing resource
- Maintain Ricardo’s premium brand and strong track record of delivering customer excellence.
- Take responsibility for the team leadership of our current team of five people
- Maintain our very strong brand for delivering customer excellence – focusing on client relationship building and development of non-technical skills to develop organisational crisis readiness.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Crisis Management consultant with strong technical and product leadership skills to help develop a new business area where we have strong growth aspirations and with the opportunity for substantial personal growth in a fast developing and successful business environment.
Skills and Behaviours:
- A strong track record in delivery of a range of consultancy projects
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Crisis or Business Continuity Management
- Professional Qualification in Crisis or Business Continuity Management
- Strong technical skills to deliver consultancy work for customers
- Proven leadership within a crisis team setting including demonstration of strong project management and organisational skills.
- Commercial awareness in prospective, qualifying, scoping, pricing and approving consultancy projects to maximise profitability.
- Expert communication, team working and interpersonal skills – strong emotional intelligence.
- Strong presenting style
- Professional business manner and working practice, able to set an example for the rest of the team.
- A can-do attitude and a desire to support with the growth and development of a new business area
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to develop a successful business stream for Ricardo which already has strong and growing track record. You will have support from Practice senior management team and additional investment and development of the team will be accessible as we continue to grow.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field.
Ricardo is an equal opportunities employer.