Marketing Placement - 12 month Fixed-Term Contract
- Role type
Fixed Term Contract
- Closing Date
Ricardo Plc is global strategic engineering and environmental consultancy that specialises in the transport, energy and scarce resources sectors. Our work extends across a range of market sectors – including passenger cars, commercial vehicles, rail, defence, motorsport, energy and environment – and we are proud to possess a client list that includes transport operators, manufacturers, energy companies, financial institutions and government agencies.
We are seeking to recruit a marketing student to support and deliver tactical marketing activities. You will assist in the promotion of Ricardo’s careers opportunities, HR activities and will support Ricardo in delivering its social media strategy.
- To implement Ricardo’s social media strategy through support in managing channels and delivering communications such as ‘tweets’
- To deliver tactical marketing campaigns e.g. business development email marketing campaigns
- To update and maintain Ricardo’s careers website, providing you with opportunities to learn and use content management systems, understand search engine optimisations and basic Html coding.
- To help promote vacancies and HR activities such attendance at and analysis of careers fairs
- To monitor and track performance of activities delivered using analytics tools within the channels to help improve future communications. Reports will be delivered to a range of senior management stakeholders
- To liaise with external partners to help coordinate the above activities, such as recruitment agencies, design agency and social media account managers.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking for their first steps into a career in marketing working within a fast paced globally based consultancy. You will be supported by one of the Plc’s Marketing Managers, senior marketing executives, as well as a team of specialists in design, proofreading and PR, but if the successful candidate has any experience in these areas it would be an advantage.
On-the-job training will be provided and the role will help develop the core-skills that can be applied to a wide-range of marketing and business-related activities. We will support you in developing your future career opportunities.
Ricardo Marketing Placement – (12 month fixed-term contract)
I am studying Food Marketing and Business Economics at the University of Reading and I am carrying out my Industrial Placement at Ricardo Group as a Marketing Student Placement. Since starting in October, I have been fortunate enough to be part of an extremely hardworking and talented team who have been accommodating from the start. I have felt extremely supported by my Manager and Team Leader to have the drive and enable me to learn as much as possible to make the most of my placement year.
I have been able to use my theoretical learning from my degree in practice, as well as learning new skills and theory that I can adopt in my final year and future career. There have been a number of learning and development opportunities made available through on-the-job training and working with different business functions and I feel my confidence has grown with the responsibility and opportunities I have been given.
Since working at Ricardo, I have worked on a number of both internal and external projects for clients and covering a range of tasks. This includes supporting marketing activities, HR and communications and working with colleagues on projects from the wider part of the business in the different divisions Internationally.
I have thoroughly enjoyed my Industrial Placement with Ricardo and would recommend doing a placement year to anyone considering it. By doing a year out I have gained and developed my own interpersonal, communication and professional skills that will steer me ahead when applying for graduate jobs and more of an understanding into the type of career I would like to go into.
Kat Carter, Reading University
- Educated between A-Level and MSc
- Proficient with use of social media channels
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Proven experience of delivering lead generation focused marketing activities
- Highly organised with effective prioritisation skills.
- Good copy-writing capabilities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills at all levels
- Professional approach in all aspects of working
- Good interpersonal skills and able to confidently work in a team
- Experience of reporting on performance
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities in marketing.
Ricardo Plc is an equal opportunities employer