Technical Program Manager - California
- Role type
Primary interfaces between members of the Ricardo engineering team and the client from the time of program award, through to program delivery to execute a project according to client expectations and corporate requirements.
- Works directly with client and/or Ricardo engineers to understand scope of project and to ensure that all objectives are known and achievable
- Develops a plan and staffing needs to deliver a project, including risks and opportunities
- Monitors project progress, resources, tools, materials, expenses and schedules; resolves discrepancies or brings issues to management’s attention, if needed
- Liaises between the various departments internally to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the project
- Prepares project reviews and reports to interested stakeholders on achievements, progress, risk management and change management
- Interfaces with the client to provide regular status updates on program goals and objectives
- Delivers superior levels of customer service to both internal and external customers while demonstrating Ricardo’s core values; respect, integrity, creativity and innovation and passion
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Candidates need to have excellent computer/software skills - SAP RPM and cProjects, MS Project/Excel in particular
- Report writing capability i.e. proposals
- Coordinate and organize activities into a plan and execute the plan, in a timely manner.
- Budget and deliverable quality responsibilities will exist.
- The candidate must be highly numerate as extensive work with financial data is involved.
- Candidate should also demonstrate basic engineering skills and knowledge in Powertain, Vehicle, Controls or calibration development fields.
- Training in specific program management software will be provided.
- An inquisitive nature and high level of confidence and motivation are sought as negotiation and team leading/building will be every-day tasks.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Ability to influence team and superiors who do not necessarily work for you.