- Role type
Instrumentation technician with a strong background in Horiba emissions bench maintenance and calibration for internal combustion engine testing to deliver customer projects within EPA and CARB regulatory guidelines. Responsibilities include setting of maintenance and calibration of Horiba emissions benches, AVL smoke meters, AVL micro soot meters, AVL smart samplers, FAST FIDs, FTIRs, and calibration tracking and management of all test lab equipment.
- Performs regularly scheduled maintenance and repairs of various emissions equipment. Horiba emissions benches, smart samplers, micro soot sensors, FTIRs, smoke meters, opacity meters.
- Performs calibration checks of emissions benches and FTIRs. Familiar with use of a gas divider for calibration checks.
- Manages the calibration schedule for all test bed equipment. Including emissions equipment, air meters, test cell I/O, blow-by meters, oil aeration meters, scales, etc.
- Calibration checks of cylinder pressure transducers.
- Uses failure analysis techniques to identify failure modes and corrective actions
- Monitors own work to ensure quality; looks for ways to improve and promote quality through departmental process improvements; works within approved budget; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
- Meets productivity standards; strives to increase productivity, completes work in a timely manner
- Delivers superior levels of customer service to both internal and external customers while demonstrating Ricardo's core values of respect, integrity, creativity and innovation, and passion
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 3 years of experience with emissions equipment maintenance and calibration
- Familiarity with EPA 1065 testing and calibration standards
- Background in internal combustion engine testing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving, analytical and listening skills
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic and matrixed organization
- Demonstrated ability to effectively multi-task
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel.
- Familiar with ETAS INCA and ATI Vision engine management software packages
- Familiar with AVL PUMA or Horiba STARS test cell automation systems