- Role type
- Closing Date
The National Chemical Emergency Centre (NCEC), founded over 40 years ago, is the market leading provider of chemical emergency response services globally, dealing with over 4,000 emergency calls a year on behalf of over 550 companies, including 50% of the largest chemical manufacturers in the world. We are recognised by our clients, the industry and our peers as being the premium provider of these services, and our reputation is based on the outstanding level of knowledge and technical expertise of our emergency response team.
Alongside the emergency response services, we also offer a range of regulatory compliance services (including REACH registration and representation, technical document authoring (SDS, etc.)), software packages for managing SDS and chemicals, as well as training and crisis consultancy and incident notification.
Today NCEC is part of Ricardo PLC’s subsidiary company, Ricardo Energy & Environment; a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, air quality, transport, water, environmental and our chemical risk expertise with strong marketing, IT and economics capability.
NCEC is seeking to add a new role to the organisation, partnership manager to proactively manage our relationships with Trade associations, external stakeholders and partners including media and other service providers. To support NCEC’s significant growth plans we must make best use of our relationships to increase market awareness, share white papers and collateral and create opportunities at events and to speak to and influence potential customers.
We are looking for a technical consultant or commercially focused individual (BDM or Account Manager) able to support our Business Area Managers and Sales team through proactive management of our partners. The role will be tailored to the skills and experience of the successful candidate alongside our existing team but there are a number of key requirements below. You must have proven expertise in sales/stakeholder management and be able to share NCEC’s messaging at the highest levels, talking at conferences, meetings, seminars etc. You will therefore be an expert communicator and also able to organise yourself to manage a number of relationships effectively at the same time.
NCEC offers a range of services to its ca. 1,000 customers in the chemical sectors, although its primary focus is on telephone-based chemical emergency response. Its customers are based internationally and are faced with many varied challenges beyond emergency response as a result of fast-changing chemical regulations such as CLP/GHS and REACH. It is essential for NCEC to continue to raise its global profile and make best use of the relationships we have with a number of stakeholders (as well as sourcing new relationships) including;
- Trade Associations
- Media Partners
- Other service providers
- Government Agencies
The relationship manager will be responsible for:
- Managing NCEC’s relationship with circa 20-40 partners
- Delivering key messages to those partners on regulatory updates, white papers etc.
- Understand the needs of those partners and their customers and share this knowledge to help us build suitable products and services
- Providing management of these relationships, providing regular updates, marketing material, talks, client engagement etc.
- Managing the quality, accuracy and timeliness of deliverables to those stakeholders in a regular cycle
- Create KPI’s for the success of the role; including referrals, orders, promotion etc so we can effectively manage the role
- Supporting the personal development of other members of the team in profile raising, influencing and stakeholder management
- Working closely with marketing and sales staff to ensure effective promotion of NCEC’s capabilities in support of sales activities for growth
- Identifying and helping to take forward opportunities that are uncovered through the relationships
- Key competencies and experience:
- Have an extensive background in relationship management (through new business, account management or technical delivery to customers)
- Expert communicator able to deliver key messaging to seminars, talks, conferences, meetings and in 1-2-1 situation with senior stakeholders.
- If you do not currently possess you will be asked to create and maintain expert knowledge of the regulations affecting the worldwide chemical industry, in particular supply regulations GHS and CLP.
- You will have or create a clear understanding of market trends and developments and provide support to colleagues in the development of new service offerings
- Contribute ideas to the development of business strategy with respect to regulatory consultancy
- Bring your own network of contacts from customers and stakeholder organisations
- Have expert skills in managing and influencing people effectively and/ or delegate work to others
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to make their mark in a growing team. We will be recruiting for a number of additional roles over the next few years and so you’re joining at a key time to help us grow our consultancy services. NCEC provides a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will join a professional and enthusiastic team tasked with achieving significant organisational growth over the coming years. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.