Senior Power Systems Planning Engineer
- Role type
- Full time, Part time, Permanent
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
Ricardo Energy & Environment’s Energy Practice is growing to meet the global demand for our broad range of energy services. More than 50 experienced consultants specialise in providing techno-economic and management consultancy services for the energy sector, with particular emphasis on:
- Regional, national, local and campus based energy planning (heat and power)
- The feasibility, implementation and auditing of renewable energy policy and infrastructure
- The transmission and distribution of power using innovative networks and smart grids
- Energy efficiency and carbon management
We have worked in nearly 100 countries for a broad range of clients, including multi-lateral lending agencies, governments, regulators, electricity companies, natural resources companies and private investors.
We are seeking an engineer with proven experience in leading power system studies (e.g. power flow, fault analysis, and dynamic studies) and planning studies (e.g. generation, transmission, or distribution development plans).
You will be responsible for winning and managing power consultancy assignments worldwide. This will include the development of least cost development plans for generation, transmission, and/or distribution subsectors and for power system analysis studies. You will be expected to be client facing and travel internationally.
From day one, you'll be leading the delivery of high-profile projects to clients and must have the following skills and characteristics (as a minimum):
- Professional qualifications and a Bachelors (2.1 or above) or Master’s degree within a relevant discipline, or equivalent qualification
- Significant consultancy experience (including business development and project delivery)
- A talent for numerical analysis and familiar with MS Excel and modelling power systems analysis software (e.g. PSSE, Ipsa2, DigSilent, PowerWorld, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English including the use of MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- A proactive networker.
- Be flexible, proactive, resilient and enthusiastic whilst remotely leading and working with the project team and clients
Previous experience within a power utility and fluency in spoken and written French, Spanish, or Portuguese would also be desirable.
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.