Senior Power Sector Specialist
- Role type
- Part time, Full time, Permanent
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
Ricardo Energy & Environment’s Energy Practice is growing to meet the global demand for our energy services. More than 55 experienced consultants specialise in providing techno-economic and management consultancy services for the energy sector, with particular emphasis on:
- The transmission and distribution of power using innovative networks and smart grids
- Regional, national, local and campus based energy planning (heat and power)
- The feasibility, implementation and auditing of renewable energy policy and infrastructure
- Energy efficiency and carbon management
We wish to grow and develop the skills and expertise of the Power Planning & Solutions Team, in line with our plans for the growth of the Energy Practice. Therefore, we are seeking a Principal Consultant with the ability and potential to drive and participate in this growth.
You will be responsible for managing and participating in network innovation projects. As a senior project manager you will be accountable to the Capability Team Leader, with the potential for further promotion, reporting directly to the Director of the Energy Practice. You will contribute as team members to assignments led by others as appropriate.
It is also expected that you will play a key role in the preparation of winning proposals in your area of expertise.
Key competencies and experience:
A Bachelors or Master’s degree within a relevant discipline, or equivalent qualification
Power Sector Specialists will have experience in projects, preferably across a range of different countries, in one or more of the following areas:
- Network innovation projects and funding mechanisms
- Deployment of smart solutions including the use of power electronics in distribution systems
- Power system control and operation
Previous consultancy experience is desirable.
Skills and behaviours:
- Strong track record in delivering projects
- Excellent communication and customer liaison skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Proactive networker
- The ability to work in a multi disciplinary team
- Be flexible, proactive, resilient and enthusiastic whilst remotely leading, and working with, the project team and clients
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.