Consultant, Waste Management
- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
- Closing Date
We have recently established an office in Brisbane for our newly established and growing Australian Waste Management team and have expectations of opening offices in other Australian state locations in the future. Following a successful initial exploration phase over the past year and due to an increasing visible pipeline, we are now looking to recruit a team of highly capable, technical waste management consultants, based in Australia to support with the delivery of a rapidly increasing pipeline of work. The team would build on our market leading reputation offering in Europe and our increased market presence in Australia.
Reporting through our Australian Resource Efficiency & Waste Management Practice, within our Infrastructure & Utilities Division, our team has supported a range of opportunities across several technical areas. This has included supporting infrastructure development projects, developing waste and circular economy policies, strategies and business models, technical advisory waste procurement support, data management and business case developments for a diverse client base across the public and private sector in Australia.
We have vacancies for excellent candidates to join our newly established team in one of our two business areas;
- Waste Technical Services
- Circular Economy & Sustainability
Candidates will have the opportunity to travel throughout Australia and internationally as required to meet business needs but the ability to work out of our current Brisbane office is essential.
We recognise that all applicants are unique, and we operate in a fast-moving commercial environment, therefore we will seek to understand your skills, experience and career objectives in order to define a role around you that fits within our overall requirements and services. You will form part of a newly established team with a level of autonomy but have the support and integration of a market leading existing UK team. We are interested in ambitious, highly motivated, energetic applicants with the drive to grow and develop themselves and our wider team.
Key competencies and experience:
- Working knowledge of waste management and resource efficiency in either the public / and or private sector
- Qualified to a bachelor’s degree level in a relevant discipline
- Effective project management skills
- Proven client management skills
- Ability to write clear, concise and accurate technical reports
- Able to write clear, concise and accurate technical reports and manage data confidently;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail and desire to deliver influential consultancy support to the highest standards with new and current clients
- Familiarity and ability to work efficiently with a minimum amount of additional supervision with the standard Ricardo Energy & Environment financial management system (Agresso) and our sales funnel / Client Relationship Management (CRM) tool – Microsoft Dynamics
- Experience in the preparation of proposals and tenders
- Qualified to master’s level or higher in a relevant discipline
- Proven track record in environmental consultancy
- Experience in public speaking at conferences and events
- Good client networks and willingness to travel within Australia
Skills and behaviours:
- Commercially minded technical consultant;
- Receptive to new and varied challenges, and able to rise to them and to learn;
- Able to work independently and as part of a project team, irrespective of position or role on the task;
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated;
- Good attention to detail and accuracy and quality in all work;
- Strong report writing and bid-writing skills
- Strong time management; and
- Able to meet (multiple) deadlines and manage and deliver competing priorities
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark and form part of a new established team. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
About Ricardo Energy & Environment
Ricardo Energy & Environment is an internationally renowned consultancy with world-leading energy, environmental and technical expertise operating predominantly in the UK, in Europe and globally. We have over 450 technical and scientific staff, many being recognised experts in their disciplines, and over 40 years’ consulting experience that includes a long track record of successfully delivering services and advice to a wide range of major private and public-sector organisations.
Our business focus is on eight core areas of environmental consulting expertise: waste management, sustainable business, energy, climate change, air quality, environment (including impact assessment, ecology, agriculture and chemical risk), water management and transport. Our parent company Ricardo plc is a UK-based company with annual turnover over £200m and 100 years heritage. Ricardo has 21 offices worldwide and 2,300 people, approximately 70 per cent being highly qualified multi-disciplined engineers, consultants and technicians.
Ricardo Energy & Environment’s head office is located in Harwell, Oxfordshire, and we have additional UK offices in London, Glasgow, Bristol, Warrington, Manchester and Guildford. Ricardo has international offices in Brisbane (Australia), the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, South Africa and across Europe and Asia.
Ricardo operates according to its accredited quality (ISO 9001) and environmental (ISO 14001) management systems. Working in partnership with our customers we help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work. In return for your commitment, drive, enthusiasm and adaptability, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field, and support for flexible working. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.